Old 20-05-2006, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default Some hay questions

I'm glad this question popped up as I was wondering where do you get straw
for mulch.
Thanks

In some parts of the country it is difficult getting small bales of
straw, if you have a animal feed merchant or stables near you they will
probably find you a bale or two.

kate

Old 20-05-2006, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

doobydoobydo wrote:

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

I'm glad this question popped up as I was wondering where do you get
straw
for mulch.
Thanks

In some parts of the country it is difficult getting small bales of
straw, if you have a animal feed merchant or stables near you they will
probably find you a bale or two.

So if I only wanted a small amount could I get it in a pet shop.

That would presumably be the most expensive way of getting it -- maybe
ok if you just want to do a few strawberries. If you can still find
somebody selling small bales, one should fit in the boot of most cars.

--
Mike.

Old 20-05-2006, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

So if I only wanted a small amount could I get it in a pet shop.

Well yes you could but it would cost you a great deal more than finding
yourself a bale, as Mike says a small bale would fit in your boot, it is
worth trying to find some.

kate

Mulch hay Kathy Edible Gardening 6 02-03-2005 03:14 AM
hay mulch Simon Stenkle Edible Gardening 6 25-05-2003 12:32 PM
using old hay for mulch ? Stephen Birchall United Kingdom 9 29-01-2003 06:09 PM