Old 24-05-2006, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham

Default VERY welcome news

"Mike" wrote in message
So far, the coverage is shaping up very well,

To your approval? Soooooooooo pleased.

'suppose this thread will go on for ""ever"" supported by the "sacha
appreciation society' ... :-(

Mike

Its not compulsory to read threads!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 24-05-2006, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

Its not compulsory to read threads!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

:-))

'We' now have our surname after 'our' name in postings now it has been in
the press you know ;-))

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

Old 24-05-2006, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message om, Sacha
writes

Klara wrote:
In message . com, Sacha
writes
One of the problems the BBC and the gardeners had yesterday was the
truly appalling weather. It chucked it down most of the time and we've
had very high winds, too (A friend has just told me that his boat in
Weymouth has been sunk!) so I think it more than probable that a lot
of what the Beeb had planned to show us or people they hoped to talk
to, just wasn't available.

Judging by very short forays into the garden, it won't be much better
today! Am looking forward to seeing what they come up with! - Or what,
indeed, isn't up yet ...

Well, it's still horrible here today - not quite as wet but pretty
windy and with showers still sending people scuttling indoors. As to
what isn't up yet, a fellow exhibitor at the Devon County Show didn't
have one Agapanthus in bloom to show and they're one of his
specialities. ;-( It really has been dire and even though we know
exhibitors at Chelsea bring on or hold back much of what they show,
just moving them into position in this weather must be a total
nightmare.

I may have missed it elsewhere in this ng and if I have, I apologise but
aren't you going to tell your good news?
--
June Hughes
Old 24-05-2006, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

I may have missed it elsewhere in this ng and if I have, I apologise but
aren't you going to tell your good news?
--
June Hughes

!!!!!!

OH WUNDERFUL June, she can gloat again and stretch the thread even
fffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrtttttttttt hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeerrrrrrrr

Mike CROWE

Old 24-05-2006, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

On Wed, 24 May 2006 15:21:39 +0100, June Hughes wrote
(in article ):

In message om, Sacha
writes

Klara wrote:
[...]

Thank you for asking! It's hardly on a par with Chelsea, though the judge
says he works to RHS standards! It's overwhelmingly an agricultural show so
the flower and garden exhibits are a tiny part of it. However, we got a
Silver Gilt medal at the Devon County Show and are quite pleased with that as
it's our first effort. We were just a blip away from a gold, according to
the judge, so that's nice to know. The worst of it is that I've lost my
digital camera that had the only photographs on it. I'm still hoping it will
turn up somewhere but am not over-optimistic. ;-(
The theme was Where Town meets Country so we had our more 'sophisticated'
conservatory plants in the town bit which was edged with paving stones and
then as we moved towards the Country, we had an old wooden gate and a table
and chair with a cream tea on them, plus a windvane which has a man in a
greenhouse, a woman with a teatray and a dog in a wheelbarrow on it (!) lots
of plants all clustered round that and tapering off towards a tree fern and a
lot of other garden goodies. The Country bit was edged with gravel so there
was that, plus the gate, to give the delineation between the two. We got
loads of compliments, a lot of real interest and some new customers, so
hopefully, it was worth all the very hard work. The interesting thing is
that out of all the plants we showed - and there were a LOT - the one that
aroused most interest was a large and very beautiful Nicotiana mutabilis,
which probably goes to prove that pretty and delicate win hands down!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-05-2006, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

NO NO NO NO Sacha, she means your article in the NATIONAL newspaper where
you tell the BBC how to report the show!!!!!!

Mike

www.rnshipmates.co.uk
International Festival of the Sea 28th June - 1st July 2007

al.net...

Old 24-05-2006, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message et, Sacha
Hubbard writes

Klara wrote:
[...]

Well, I think you were very modest not to announce it without being
prompted. Congratulations.
--
June Hughes
Old 24-05-2006, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Mike
writes
NO NO NO NO Sacha, she means your article in the NATIONAL newspaper where
you tell the BBC how to report the show!!!!!!

Excuse me? I didn't mean that at all but I think you know that already.
--
June Hughes
Old 24-05-2006, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

On Wed, 24 May 2006 17:05:14 +0100, June Hughes wrote
(in article ):
snip
Well, I think you were very modest not to announce it without being
prompted. Congratulations.

Thank you. It was fun and maybe we'll do it next year, too.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-05-2006, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Next year Sacha you could portray a ship and some one walking the
plank, maybe Mike would like to model for the figure :-)
Old 24-05-2006, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Hubbard

On Wed, 24 May 2006 17:33:06 +0100, Kate Morgan wrote
(in article ):

Next year Sacha you could portray a ship and some one walking the
plank, maybe Mike would like to model for the figure :-)

;-))

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-05-2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
al.net...
On Wed, 24 May 2006 17:33:06 +0100, Kate Morgan wrote
(in article ):

Next year Sacha you could portray a ship and some one walking the
plank, maybe Mike would like to model for the figure :-)

;-))

--
Sacha HUBBARD

would just HATE to see me walking into the deep. Her secret admiration for
me is so astounding, that I doubt if even MR HUBBARD knows

Sorry Sacha HUBBARD, I have told you before, I have too many women already.
Stick with your present husband for a few more years :-))

Old 24-05-2006, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
Next year Sacha you could portray a ship and some one walking the
plank, maybe Mike would like to model for the figure :-)

A Plonk on a Plank might just get Gold..

Old 24-05-2006, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

In message , Mike
writes

"Sacha Hubbard" wrote in message
ual.net...
On Wed, 24 May 2006 17:33:06 +0100, Kate Morgan wrote
(in article ):

Next year Sacha you could portray a ship and some one walking the
plank, maybe Mike would like to model for the figure :-)

;-))

--
Sacha HUBBARD

would just HATE to see me walking into the deep. Her secret admiration for
me is so astounding, that I doubt if even MR HUBBARD knows

Sorry Sacha HUBBARD, I have told you before, I have too many women already.
Stick with your present husband for a few more years :-))

Mike CROWE

That is extremely rude. Sacha and I have frequently not seen eye to eye
over the years but she has been given a prestigious award and as
long-term posters here, we should all be proud of her as one of our own.
Get over it Mike.
--
June Hughes