Old 07-06-2006, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

Default I should know what to do -------------------

------------ but I am undecided. Last year I planted 6 Pyrancantha`s as
hedge fillers and they did very well, I am guilty of forgetting that
they were there and during this hot weather they are all, but one,
looking very sad, some of the flowers have dried up and are falling
off. Do peeps think I should prune them back and water like mad or just
water and see if they pick up

worried and guilty blue eyes
Old 07-06-2006, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kate Morgan writes:

| ------------ but I am undecided. Last year I planted 6 Pyrancantha`s as
| hedge fillers and they did very well, I am guilty of forgetting that
| they were there and during this hot weather they are all, but one,
| looking very sad, some of the flowers have dried up and are falling
| off. Do peeps think I should prune them back and water like mad or just
| water and see if they pick up

Just water. And don't worry.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan

| ------------ but I am undecided. Last year I planted 6 Pyrancantha`s as
| hedge fillers and they did very well, I am guilty of forgetting that
| they were there and during this hot weather they are all, but one,
| looking very sad, some of the flowers have dried up and are falling
| off. Do peeps think I should prune them back and water like mad or just
| water and see if they pick up

Just water. And don't worry.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thank you Nick, I will go and do it right now :-)
Old 07-06-2006, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

My father dug one up for me - it was huge and most of teh roots got chopped
off. I moved it three times before sticking it near the fence to keep the
children from throwing stones over teh edge. We were both sure that it was
dead but it has just sprouted - I didn't really prune it, just cut it to
shape a little and watered like mad. They are very tough.

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)

Old 08-06-2006, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

H Ryder writes
My father dug one up for me - it was huge and most of teh roots got chopped
off. I moved it three times before sticking it near the fence to keep the
children from throwing stones over teh edge. We were both sure that it was
dead but it has just sprouted - I didn't really prune it, just cut it to
shape a little and watered like mad. They are very tough.

One what?

It helps if you can quote a little of what you're replying to!
--
Kay

Old 08-06-2006, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

My father dug one up for me - it was huge and most of teh roots got
chopped
off. I moved it three times before sticking it near the fence to keep the
children from throwing stones over teh edge. We were both sure that it

was
dead but it has just sprouted - I didn't really prune it, just cut it to
shape a little and watered like mad. They are very tough.

One what?

It helps if you can quote a little of what you're replying to!

pyrochanthia - sorry