Old 03-03-2004, 01:02 AM

Default New to Dahlias. Are there any tips I should know?

Hi,
I'm in zone 8 and trying out Dahlias for the first time.
I've bought several types... ball, decorative dinnerplate, and several
decorative Fubuki's, so the packages read.

If anyone has tips and hints to share, so that I'll get maximum
enjoyment out of these, please let me know?
With thanks,
BL

Old 03-03-2004, 05:42 AM
starlord

You can get a lot of help by joining the FREE Dahlia-net list and
asking your questions there.

"Knowledge is a 3 edged Sword" Kosh on Babylon 5
www.starlords.org

Old 03-03-2004, 10:12 AM
David Hill

http://www.dahlias.net/

then for a start go to Dahlia care and culture.

Welcome to an addiction.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 03-03-2004, 08:02 PM

Thankyou for replying.

I don't do the yahoo groups as my computer had major troubles after
signing up with one of their groups. I've steered clear of them ever
since. As well, I have cookies blocked and that's a no-no to yahoo.
They won't let you in unless you unblock the cookie cache.

Thankyou again.

BL

Old 04-03-2004, 04:03 AM
starlord

Cookies will do nothing to your computer, all it is is a way for yahoo
to see that you've been there before. Plus the Dahlia-net is the
oldest Online email list for dahlia people, some of the Nation's top
dahlia growers are on the Dahlia-net, plus we have many over seas
members too. The Dahlia-net has become the number 1 elist for and
about Dahlias. I know, because I am the one that started it up 10
years ago while I was on the old muskrat.com BBS.

Old 05-03-2004, 04:15 AM
B & J

"starlord inreach.com" starlord* wrote in message
Cookies will do nothing to your computer, all it is is a way for yahoo
to see that you've been there before. Plus the Dahlia-net is the
oldest Online email list for dahlia people, some of the Nation's top
dahlia growers are on the Dahlia-net, plus we have many over seas
members too. The Dahlia-net has become the number 1 elist for and
about Dahlias. I know, because I am the one that started it up 10
years ago while I was on the old muskrat.com BBS.

If spy ware and cookies bother a person, there is a program called
Spybot -Search and Destroy that can be downloaded free from the following
site:

http://www.spybot-search.com/

Run it each night to get rid of unwanted material on your computer.

John

Old 18-03-2004, 09:09 PM
Cindy

I was on the old muskrat.com BBS

BBS! Now theres a term I have not heard in a looong while g but then I
have doing computers since DOS 3.0 ( thats waaay before windows 3.1 for all
you new folk, no sound and a monochrome screen) and first modem was a
whopping 2,400 baud rate. LOL.. and I and the nerve to complain about the
T1 line now.

Cindy

Old 19-03-2004, 04:34 PM
Starlord

2400bps? Your a jonny come lately, I remember the T/S-1000 16k and
then the Atari 800XL with a blazing 300bps on CI$.

The Dahlia-net ( on yahoogroups now ) is over 10 years old and with a
lot of good members ( 471 last count ).

I also ran back in those days, the Black Hole BBS.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

New lawnmower, any tips? Dr_Pips Lawns 3 28-05-2012 05:34 PM
5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTERMANAGEMENT OF HOME BUSINESS...5 TIPS FOR BETTER MANAGEMENT OF HOMEBUSINESS... Tonya Thompson United Kingdom 0 28-04-2009 01:30 PM
New to group. Any other ponders out there in the ATL area. Al[_3_] Ponds (moderated) 7 21-04-2007 06:48 PM
Are there any Koi Forum out there visited by regukars here Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 18 23-04-2005 05:40 AM
new to composting--any tips? mmarteen Gardening 8 19-11-2003 11:12 AM