Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment Blog

I found someone's allotment blog here a few weeks ago. Unfortunately
I have had to re-install Windows so have lost the URL. I've looked at
recent posts but just can't find it.

I can remember:

There were a number of photos of the allotment (it may have actually
been two plots together)
It was part of an allotment web-page circle.
The "owner" had just put up some very strong supports for his/her
runner beans - not just canes - looked by 1x1 timber
He/she had already transplanted some broad beans which looked really
healthy.
He/she had some photos of lettuces set out in a pattern of different
coloured leaves.
The sweet-peas looked really healthy.

I would be interested in a pointer to the web-page.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 22:52:48 +0100, Sally Thompson
wrote:

snip

Did you mean the one by Steve? He signs himself Plotty:

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

That is it spot on - many thanks

(I didn't say in my first post - but I am quite envious - an
excellent example of what can be done ;-)
Old 10-06-2006, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

wrote in message
I found someone's allotment blog here a few weeks ago. Unfortunately
I have had to re-install Windows so have lost the URL. I've looked at
recent posts but just can't find it.

I'm sure I must have asked this before, but the memory being as it is, I
cannot remember,

What is a 'blog'?

Alan

Old 11-06-2006, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Alan Holmes" wrote
wrote
I found someone's allotment blog here a few weeks ago. Unfortunately
I have had to re-install Windows so have lost the URL. I've looked
at recent posts but just can't find it.

I'm sure I must have asked this before, but the memory being as it is,
I cannot remember,

What is a 'blog'?

It's a contraction of 'web log' - a sort of online journal. Some are
serious current affairs comment; some are just personal blathering; and
every other variety on every conceivable subject in between.
http://www.blogger.com/tour_start.g

--
Sue

Old 11-06-2006, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
"Alan Holmes" said:

wrote in message
I found someone's allotment blog here a few weeks ago. Unfortunately
I have had to re-install Windows so have lost the URL. I've looked at
recent posts but just can't find it.

I'm sure I must have asked this before, but the memory being as it is, I
cannot remember,

What is a 'blog'?

A web log, or an online diary of sorts...

Thanks to both of those who answered my query, but don't be surprised if I
ask the same question in a week or two!(:-)

Alan

--
AnneJ

Old 12-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I found someone's allotment blog here a few weeks ago. Unfortunately
I have had to re-install Windows so have lost the URL. I've looked at
recent posts but just can't find it.

I can remember:

There were a number of photos of the allotment (it may have actually
been two plots together)
It was part of an allotment web-page circle.
The "owner" had just put up some very strong supports for his/her
runner beans - not just canes - looked by 1x1 timber
He/she had already transplanted some broad beans which looked really
healthy.
He/she had some photos of lettuces set out in a pattern of different
coloured leaves.
The sweet-peas looked really healthy.

I would be interested in a pointer to the web-page.
Hi I'm PLOTTY, sorry that you couldn't find a recent post I have been away on a much needed holiday but I have updated my website this weekend. Thankyou for your interest in my efforts and I hope that you continue to enjoy them, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com
Old 12-06-2006, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 04:48:37 +0000, PLOTTY
wrote:

Hi I'm PLOTTY, sorry that you couldn't find a recent post I have been
away on a much needed holiday but I have updated my website this
weekend. Thankyou for your interest in my efforts and I hope that you
continue to enjoy them, regards Steve.

http://www.myallotments.blogspot.com

Hello Steve

Out of curiosity how much time do you devote to your allotments as they
look as if they are run on military lines? I'm assuming they take up a
lot of time to be in such good condition and to exist on the scale that
they do.

--
Paul C

Allotment blog No Name United Kingdom 3 05-02-2011 11:34 PM
blog from the bog kathy Ponds 0 10-04-2005 01:01 AM
The Ugly Gardens of Spring-Blog Post [email protected] Gardening 0 16-03-2005 12:00 PM
Moon Garden Blog Jenn Vanderslice Gardening 0 10-03-2005 02:28 PM
[IBC] Bonsai Blog v3.0 Andy Rutledge Bonsai 0 07-01-2004 06:34 AM