Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-2006, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Corfield

Default Daft question time

I have a number of perennial plants that have been ravaged by the S&S
brigade. The plants are in the borders and I assume their roots are
working away but there is no obvious green activity up top. I don't
really want to lose these plants but I am at the bottom of my gardening
learning curve and I'd like to know the most sensible way to try to
revive these plants. The options I can think of are :-

a) leave them where they are but feed them intensively and protect
from S&S attack and hope they recover.
b) dig them up, repot them, protect them from S&S attack and
provide due care and sustenance.
c) leave where they are, don't do anything special and hope they
recover next spring after winter dormancy. Obviously S&S Protection will
be required.

Any thoughts or comments - sorry for being a bit dim.
--
Paul C