Old 21-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered User

Default Is there a trick to putting up pean and bean netting?

I bought a pack of pea and bean garden netting from a pound store.

I got two stakes and laid them on the ground. But I spent ages and ages trying to get the net to stretch to a square shape.

Surely it would be easier if the net was simply made into a square shape to start with. Then it can be stretched and stapled to the stakes more easily.

I managed after hours of fiddling to make two net stakes. But lots of netting got wasted.

Either I dont know how to do it or its a stupid design? Which one is it?

They sell the same kinda stuff on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GARDEN-NETTING...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 22-06-2006, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback

roonster wrote:
I bought a pack of pea and bean garden netting from a pound store.

I got two stakes and laid them on the ground. But I spent ages and ages
trying to get the net to stretch to a square shape.

Surely it would be easier if the net was simply made into a square
shape to start with. Then it can be stretched and stapled to the stakes
more easily.

I managed after hours of fiddling to make two net stakes. But lots of
netting got wasted.

Either I dont know how to do it or its a stupid design? Which one is
it?

They sell the same kinda stuff on ebay:

http://tinyurl.com/z23n3

I'm waiting for an answer with bated breath. I never know if you should
put 2 runs of netting one either side, or one along side the row. If
only I could find a reliable source of pea sticks, much easier.

Bean vines climbing above netting [email protected] Gardening 5 08-09-2008 07:58 PM
What's the trick with cabomba? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 21 25-08-2003 09:32 AM
NEED HELP FOR A MAGIC TRICK Me Texas 0 18-05-2003 09:32 AM
NEED HELP FOR A MAGIC TRICK Rusty Mase Texas 0 12-05-2003 04:32 PM
leak - trick of the trade? Darren Ponds 2 23-04-2003 08:32 PM