Old 06-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered User

Default Celebrities who garden ?

Does anyone know of any comedians or celebrities who are keen and relatively knowledgable gardeners ?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Bristol

Quote:
Originally Posted by osterley
Does anyone know of any comedians or celebrities who are keen and relatively knowledgable gardeners ?

Alan Titchmarsh.
__________________
Carrot Cruncher.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:50:57 +0000, osterley
wrote:

Does anyone know of any comedians or celebrities who are keen and
relatively knowledgable gardeners ?

The actress who has been in Coronation Street and Last of the summer
wine.

Pam in Bristol
Old 06-07-2006, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dwayne & Angela

"osterley" wrote in message
news

Does anyone know of any comedians or celebrities who are keen and
relatively knowledgable gardeners ?

Kim (still reasonably phwoooar in the right light) Wilde

Old 06-07-2006, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

wrote:

Does anyone know of any comedians or celebrities who are keen and
relatively knowledgable gardeners ?

Kim Wilde.
Cliff Richard.
Prince Charles.

Steve

Old 11-07-2006, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sena
writes

Hannah Gordon
Joanna Lumley
Antony Worrall Thompson
David Bellamy
Raymond Blanc
Bill Oddie
Julian Pettifer

Penelope Keith
also

http://www.wildaboutgardens.org/Community/Celebrities/
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 11-07-2006, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 11/7/06 15:36, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sena
writes

Hannah Gordon
Joanna Lumley
Antony Worrall Thompson
David Bellamy
Raymond Blanc
Bill Oddie
Julian Pettifer

Penelope Keith
also

http://www.wildaboutgardens.org/Community/Celebrities/

Princess Michael of Kent
The Prince of Wales
Roy Strong
Susan Hampshire

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 11-07-2006, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 11/7/06 22:30, in article
, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
On 11/7/06 18:41, in article
, "Broadback"
wrote:

Sean wrote:
said...
osterley Wrote:
Does anyone know of any comedians or celebrities who are keen and
relatively knowledgable gardeners ?

Alan Titchmarsh.

Charlie Dimmock.

Ah, but how many of these actually garden, personally I cannot see the
"Prince of Wales" double digging, can you?

Yes. Apparently he does. Like his ancestor, the Duke of Windsor, he finds
gardening very relaxing, which is why he had an eye injury from a branch
which whipped backwards!
BTW, I'm curious as to why Osterley has chosen that nom de net?

In the direct line to Prince Charles, his grandfather KG6 was a
hands-on gardener: had the poor devil not had to become king
unexpectedly, I understand he'd have been perfectly content to live out
his life with his garden and his stamp collection, and I think the Q
Mum believed he'd have lived a lot longer. The family has a bit of a
tradition, I think: Q Victoria's children worked in the garden, and
were duly paid for it by the head gardener -- I think that was the
practical Albert influence, as German royals had a tradition of being
apprenticed to trades.

The late Queen Mary used to take our present Queen around the various royal
palaces, tearing down ivy, apparently. She had a 'thing' about it and
really loathed it, so it was a bit of a mission!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-07-2006, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sacha
writes

Yes. Apparently he does. Like his ancestor, the Duke of Windsor,

Oh dear.................

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 14-07-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 14/7/06 12:23, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Yes. Apparently he does. Like his ancestor, the Duke of Windsor,

Oh dear.................

I've often thought it was the Duke's only saving grace...... ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-07-2006, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy

In article , Sacha
writes

Yes. Apparently he does. Like his ancestor, the Duke of Windsor,

I've often thought it was the Duke's only saving grace...... ;-)

Well yes and possibly both of them would have been told what to plant
where, by their wives