Old 16-07-2006, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

Default NO YOU CANNOT BORROW YOUR VC

anyone read the sun on saturday 15/07/06

Lt Tulbahadur Pun 89 years old Ex Gurkha from WW11 now living in poverty in
Nepal has been refused by the army museum to borrow HIS VC TO WEAR ONE LAST
TIME before he dies (bear in mind his age) i think that the Government/MOD
should step in and make this possible for him, it would appear that our
government look after criminals,rapists,work dodgers and other low life
better than they look after people like Tulbahadur who have risked their
life for england

Old 16-07-2006, 09:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

"Alan" wrote in message
anyone read the sun on saturday 15/07/06

Lt Tulbahadur Pun 89 years old Ex Gurkha from WW11 now living in poverty
in
Nepal has been refused by the army museum to borrow HIS VC TO WEAR ONE
LAST
TIME before he dies (bear in mind his age) i think that the Government/MOD
should step in and make this possible for him, it would appear that our
government look after criminals,rapists,work dodgers and other low life
better than they look after people like Tulbahadur who have risked their
life for england

If you would like to comment please Email Major GL Davies
curatorthegurkhamuseum.co.uk
the museum is situated in winchester

Old 16-07-2006, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

"Alan" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
anyone read the sun on saturday 15/07/06

Lt Tulbahadur Pun 89 years old Ex Gurkha from WW11 now living in poverty
in
Nepal has been refused by the army museum to borrow HIS VC TO WEAR ONE
LAST
TIME before he dies (bear in mind his age) i think that the
Government/MOD
should step in and make this possible for him, it would appear that our
government look after criminals,rapists,work dodgers and other low life
better than they look after people like Tulbahadur who have risked their
life for england

If you would like to comment please Email Major GL Davies
curatorthegurkhamuseum.co.uk
the museum is situated in winchester

I'm intrigued that you saw fit to post this in a gardening NG and not for
instance in uk.people.ex-forces. But having said that, I think you have a
valid point, treatment of Ghurkhas is generally abysmal given the sacrifices
many have made.

Steve

Old 16-07-2006, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message
[...]

the reasoning for posting this in gardening is that many older folk are keen
gardeners and possibly belong to the burma star association a lot of which
fought alongside the gurkhas it just may be of interest to them to see the
way this hero is being treated after risking his life for britain

Old 16-07-2006, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/7/06 21:03, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
anyone read the sun on saturday 15/07/06

Lt Tulbahadur Pun 89 years old Ex Gurkha from WW11 now living in poverty
in
Nepal has been refused by the army museum to borrow HIS VC TO WEAR ONE
LAST
TIME before he dies (bear in mind his age) i think that the
Government/MOD
should step in and make this possible for him, it would appear that our
government look after criminals,rapists,work dodgers and other low life
better than they look after people like Tulbahadur who have risked their
life for england

If you would like to comment please Email Major GL Davies
curatorthegurkhamuseum.co.uk
the museum is situated in winchester

I think this treatment is disgraceful but I also think it has absolutely
nothing to do with a gardening group.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

the reasoning for posting this in gardening is that many older folk are keen
gardeners and possibly belong to the burma star association a lot of which
fought alongside the gurkhas it just may be of interest to them to see the
way this hero is being treated after risking his life for britain now do you
understand why i posted it here

Old 16-07-2006, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 16/7/06 21:59, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

snip

I'm intrigued that you saw fit to post this in a gardening NG and not for
instance in uk.people.ex-forces. But having said that, I think you have a
valid point, treatment of Ghurkhas is generally abysmal given the
sacrifices many have made.

Steve

the reasoning for posting this in gardening is that many older folk are keen
gardeners and possibly belong to the burma star association a lot of which
fought alongside the gurkhas it just may be of interest to them to see the
way this hero is being treated after risking his life for britain

A lot of older people also fish, take long holidays, help raise
grandchildren, own homes abroad, paint, do DIY, do tapestry, enjoy
crosswords, train spotting and sex. This group has people with a very wide
range of activities, interests, hobbies and professions. That is not a good
reason for posting messages on those subjects in a *gardening* group and
especially not without marking the msg. OT so that those who wish to can
ignore it. We've already suffered years of the depredations of a prat who
used that kind of argument to annoy this group and remained as one of the
worst trolls known to netkind.
I have real sympathy with your cause but if we all posted on our own
particular hobbyhorses on a regular basis - well........!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-07-2006, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/7/06 21:59, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

snip

[...]

you are so sad -------- if it wasnt for guys like this we would all be
speaking japanese or german by now

Old 16-07-2006, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/7/06 22:57, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip
I think this treatment is disgraceful but I also think it has absolutely
nothing to do with a gardening group.
--

the reasoning for posting this in gardening is that many older folk are
keen
gardeners and possibly belong to the burma star association a lot of
which
fought alongside the gurkhas it just may be of interest to them to see
the
way this hero is being treated after risking his life for britain now do
you
understand why i posted it here

No. And I don't understand why you posted it to the Isle of Wight group,
either.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

oh get back under your stone you obviously have no compassion and are full
of mistaken self importance

Old 16-07-2006, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"Alan"wrote anyone read the sun on saturday 15/07/06

Lt Tulbahadur Pun 89 years old Ex Gurkha from WW11 now living in poverty
in
Nepal has been refused by the army museum to borrow HIS VC TO WEAR ONE
LAST
TIME before he dies (bear in mind his age) i think that the Government/MOD
should step in and make this possible for him, it would appear that our
government look after criminals,rapists,work dodgers and other low life
better than they look after people like Tulbahadur who have risked their
life for england

Having been to Nepal and seen places off the tourist route I understand what
poverty means out there, unless you have seen it no-one in this country can
imagine it.
Think of this country about 700 years ago, living closely with the animals
to keep warm, washing pots in sewage sludge, children playing in pools
caused when open sewers flood due to heavy rain.
The Ghurkhas, indeed the Nepalese, are our friends and have been for
generations. Why does our Government and it's Civil Service treat these
people so dishonourably? It reflects on all of us.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 16-07-2006, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 16/7/06 23:14, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/7/06 22:57, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip
[...]

That's not going to help your cause. But it certainly does alert the rest
of us.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-07-2006, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/7/06 22:57, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

snip
I think this treatment is disgraceful but I also think it has absolutely
nothing to do with a gardening group.
--

the reasoning for posting this in gardening is that many older folk are
keen
gardeners and possibly belong to the burma star association a lot of
which
fought alongside the gurkhas it just may be of interest to them to see
the
way this hero is being treated after risking his life for britain now do
you
understand why i posted it here

No. And I don't understand why you posted it to the Isle of Wight group,
either.

Or the Hampshire group.

I'm also wondering why the multiple posts. It appeared in uklh twice, as it
did here. It has now also appeared in uk.people.ex-forces. Three times.

Steve

Old 17-07-2006, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

[...]

thank you very much for that bob it is by far the best and most sensible
response i have had so far,
indead, i am so suprised that so many people are not even interested they
seem more concerned that the matter should not be mixed up with a gardening
ng i don't understand why when there must be folk out there that fought
alongside the gurkhas in WW11 still i suppose some people have short
memories

Old 17-07-2006, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 17/7/06 10:10, in article ,
"Alan" wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

[...]

That is a complete misrepresentation of the facts and the truth. Some of us
have said that we have sympathy with your pov and many of us have already
read this story in our newspapers.
This is not an ex-serviceman's newsgroup which is where you are most likely
to get the response you want or need. This is a *gardening* group. If
everyone in this group posted on every issue *they* consider important
(especially without marketing it OT) this would no longer be a gardening
group at all.
If you post this to a military group or groups, you might get people to band
together and take the action you appear to want. Here, all you're doing is
annoying people which defeats your object. The last person to do this was
rapidly outed as a troll, has been an obnoxious pest ever since and is now
in the position where virtually nobody responds to his posts. That is a
danger for those who persist in trying to run a group for their own
interests and not those of the group.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk