Old 22-07-2006, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DC

Default What's this please?

Hello,
Last time I posted an image, it was sorted in less than an hour!
Just found this moth, almost 3 inches across and wondered if anyone knows
what sort it is.
See http://i5.tinypic.com/20qgrb5.jpg
Dave C

Old 22-07-2006, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Russel Sprout

"DC" wrote in message
Hello,
Last time I posted an image, it was sorted in less than an hour!
Just found this moth, almost 3 inches across and wondered if anyone knows
what sort it is.
See http://i5.tinypic.com/20qgrb5.jpg
Dave C

It's a Poplar Hawk Moth.

Old 22-07-2006, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DC

Russel Sprout wrote:
"DC" wrote in message
Hello,
Last time I posted an image, it was sorted in less than an hour!
Just found this moth, almost 3 inches across and wondered if anyone
knows what sort it is.
See http://i5.tinypic.com/20qgrb5.jpg
Dave C

It's a Poplar Hawk Moth.

Thanks Russel, that's a great name you've chosen

DC

Old 22-07-2006, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher

"DC" wrote in message
Hello,
Last time I posted an image, it was sorted in less than an hour!
Just found this moth, almost 3 inches across and wondered if anyone knows
what sort it is.
See http://i5.tinypic.com/20qgrb5.jpg
Dave C

What a beauty!

I've no idea what it is :-)

Mary

Old 22-07-2006, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MadCow

In message , Mary Fisher
writes

"DC" wrote in message
Hello,
Last time I posted an image, it was sorted in less than an hour!
Just found this moth, almost 3 inches across and wondered if anyone knows
what sort it is.
See http://i5.tinypic.com/20qgrb5.jpg
Dave C

What a beauty!

Three inches! Dave's lucky to have seen one so close, never mind got a
good picture of it.

--
Sue ]8(

Old 22-07-2006, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baal

http://www.uksafari.com/poplarhawkmoths.htm
http://www.habitas.org.uk/moths/species.asp?item=6069

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.org.uk

Old 24-07-2006, 02:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

DC wrote:
Russel Sprout wrote:
It's a Poplar Hawk Moth.

Thanks Russel, that's a great name you've chosen

Ive got several inert ones - if you fancy ... They keep throwing
themselves to my litghs in the evenings. I've made a sculpture of them
at the entrance to my house - warning to all others throwing themselves
at me )