Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-07-2006, 08:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cardoon

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the welcoming messages when I introduced myself to the group the
other day.

OK, here goes my first question about my new garden: does anyone have any
experience of growing cardoon? It's one of the few plants in my new
allotment that isn't a weed, and is looking particularly healthy right now
with beautiful purple flowers. A Google search for it suggests that I've
probably missed my chance to eat the heads this year, as you have to get
them before they start flowering, but I can maybe eat the stems in a few
weeks time.

Does anyone have any experience with cardoon? Any hints or tips for how to
get the best out of it? Any recipes?

Many thanks
Adam