Old 10-08-2006, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default mechanical riddle / soil sieve?

I have read in another post in this group that you can get such a thing
as a mechnical riddle or soil sieve. Does anyone know where you can
hire these from; had a look on HSS Hire website but nothing? Many
thanks.

Old 10-08-2006, 08:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"newbietothis" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have read in another post in this group that you can get such a thing
as a mechnical riddle or soil sieve. Does anyone know where you can
hire these from; had a look on HSS Hire website but nothing? Many
thanks.

I've seen one once. A geezer I bought a shed from a few years ago had one in
his garden, it was a rotary screen cylinder, about 4 ft long and 2ft dia,
turned by a big handle at one end. he was using it to screen his very stony
soil, and didn't want to part with it.

If you find a source I'd like a look at it too.

Steve

Old 10-08-2006, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Coopers of Stortford have a rotary sieve for £39.99
http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/

I've been thinking of getting one to sieve my compost but...

Trefor

Old 10-08-2006, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

https://coopersofstortford.co.uk/index.cfm

I've been thinking of getting one to sieve my compost but...

Trefor

I don't think much of that one. I think it would clog at the slightest
opportunity.

Steve

Old 10-08-2006, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Trefor Jones" wrote in message
Coopers of Stortford have a rotary sieve for £39.99
http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/

I've been thinking of getting one to sieve my compost but...

Trefor

This is much more like the one I saw, but don't look at the price!!

http://www.powertooldirect.co.uk/sch...e-p-81574.html

Steve

Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Trefor Jones" wrote in message
Coopers of Stortford have a rotary sieve for £39.99
http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/

I've been thinking of getting one to sieve my compost but...

Trefor

This is much more like the one I saw, but don't look at the price!!

http://www.powertooldirect.co.uk/sch...e-p-81574.html

Steve

The hand sieve was a bit too much like hard work so I got a Scheppach.
Excellent machine but, if as in my case you were planning to use it to
produce seed compost, then you need to buy a very big steriliser.
Any regulars in the group are welcome to borrow the thing (I use it twice a
year)
Old 13-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) View Post
"shazzbat" wrote in message

"shazzbat"
wrote in message

"Trefor Jones"
wrote in message
Coopers of Stortford have a rotary sieve for £39.99
https://coopersofstortford.co.uk/index.cfm

I've been thinking of getting one to sieve my compost but...

Trefor

This is much more like the one I saw, but don't look at the price!!

http://www.powertooldirect.co.uk/sch...e-p-81574.html

Steve

The hand sieve was a bit too much like hard work so I got a Scheppach.
Excellent machine but, if as in my case you were planning to use it to
produce seed compost, then you need to buy a very big steriliser.
Any regulars in the group are welcome to borrow the thing (I use it twice a
year)

Hi

I'm new to this forum

I'd very much like to borrow a Scheppach if anyne can lend me one.

I live in York so the gentleman form West Yorkshire if he could get in touch with me I could collect and deliver back

I'm desperate to sive some mixed top and subsoil our builder left behind
Old 10-08-2006, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Trefor Jones" wrote in message
Coopers of Stortford have a rotary sieve for £39.99
http://www.coopersofstortford.co.uk/

I've been thinking of getting one to sieve my compost but...

Trefor

I don't think much of that one. I think it would clog at the slightest
opportunity.

Steve

I have one of these. It's easier than a normal sieve but still hard work. No
real clog problems. You still need to invert the thing occasionally to get
rid of the big bits.

rotary sieve Janet Tweedy[_2_] United Kingdom 6 13-05-2013 09:56 PM
Rotary Soil Sieve Trefor Jones United Kingdom 7 01-06-2007 12:25 AM
A horticultural riddle oYnot Gardening 1 01-04-2004 12:35 PM
A horticultural riddle oYnot Gardening 2 01-04-2004 12:30 PM
A horticultural riddle oYnot Gardening 1 01-04-2004 09:37 AM