Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-08-2006, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice please on Bog Garden planning and planting

Hi, I'm in the final stages of renovating my pond by putting a decking path
around it and creation of flower beds and a bog garden. I plan to have an
overflow from the pond into a bog garden.I have about 5m X 5m outlined for
the bog garden. I will be removing the turf, digging down 18" and installing
a plastic membrane with a few holes in it, sticking some gravel in then
making use of the turf by sticking it back in grass side down then replacing
the soil mixed with leaf mulch.

My main aim is to have exotic looking plants to give a backdrop to the pond
(Gunnera being one plant I would like). The bog garden will link up with the
flower beds. Ideally I would like some all year round interest and also
plants to act as weed suppressant (tall order, I know).

Any advice as to my proposed method or with suggested plants would be very
much appreciated. I live in South East Scotland within quarter of a mile
from the coast,

thanks in anticipation,

David

Old lawn and planning to returf...please help.. dubliner10 Lawns 3 21-07-2008 11:53 AM
Start planning for fall planting [email protected] Gardening 1 08-08-2007 11:43 PM
Planning spring planting? Here are some ideas (Plantman Article) Earl Gardening 0 02-02-2005 05:26 PM
Planning Planting of Fruit Trees Along Wall Alan United Kingdom 4 03-11-2004 02:22 PM
Planning for fall bulb planting JStubbs358 Gardening 0 02-05-2004 08:02 PM