Old 21-08-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Smug peach grower

Just started eating peaches from my fan trained tree. Very luscious.
Very smug as I am in North Staffordshire. Having said that probably
won't get any next year.
Old 21-08-2006, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Broadback wrote:

Just started eating peaches from my fan trained tree. Very luscious.
Very smug as I am in North Staffordshire. Having said that probably
won't get any next year.

I got a lot last year from my standard tree. Got even more this year!

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados, France
Old 30-08-2006, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Broadback wrote:

Just started eating peaches from my fan trained tree. Very luscious. Very
smug as I am in North Staffordshire. Having said that probably won't get
any next year.

I got a lot last year from my standard tree. Got even more this year!

David

--
David Rance
http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Le Mesnil Villement, Calvados,
France

Our 'fan trained' tree in Cheshire fruited in the 30 years before we moved
to Devon. The people who bought the house dug it out, but by that time it
was on the decline,having had windows extended around it.
Variety was Peregrine-white fleshed, late flowering, early fruiting.
Our neighbour had a yellow fleshed peach planted from a peach stone. It
fruited later, fruits were not so sweet.
Inspired by our efforts we planted an apricot with less success, only one
good crop in 15 years. Once the peach had set fruit it would hold on to them
and after the early years we found there was no need to protect the fruit
against light frosts after pollinating.
The apricot flowered earlier, often late February. Even after setting fruit
it dropped them if there a cool spell in May.
Regards
David T

gooseberries - smug post. shazzbat United Kingdom 6 20-05-2005 10:18 AM
Smug, self satisfied, complacent, um..... John Towill United Kingdom 9 13-11-2003 01:15 PM
grower in mission viejo calif. area??? RABarrer Orchids 3 04-03-2003 05:27 AM
new grower Darlene Roses 5 04-02-2003 03:53 AM
Shiva - AZ new grower Darlene Roses 1 29-01-2003 03:34 PM