Old 26-08-2006, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default picking blackberries stain on shirt

picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

Old 26-08-2006, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Torge wrote:
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

You could try pulling it over your head

Old 26-08-2006, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 11:56:43 GMT, "Torge"
wrote this (or the missive included this):

picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

Remove tie if present. Undo the shirt sleeve buttons, undo the collar
buttons and pull the garment upwards over the head?

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
Old 26-08-2006, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Old 26-08-2006, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

"Torge" wrote in message
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

Didn't think it was possible, but google s your friend:~)

http://www.allbaking.net/mf/13/2189

OR

RED FRUIT

Types:

Cherry, grape, blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, raspberry, strawberry and
there juices.

Problem:

All these fruits contain dyes which can be very difficult to remove.

Solution:

1.Clean area with cold water

Cautiono not use soap, it can set the stain .

2. If stain still remains poultice with 20% hydrogen peroxide and poultice
powder.

3.If stain is still not removed , poultice with toluene and poultice powder.

HTH Jenny

Old 26-08-2006, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Brian Watson wrote:
"Nancy" wrote in message
Torge wrote:
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

You could try pulling it over your head

You're very quiet Brian!

Old 26-08-2006, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Torge wrote:
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

A sensible reply

Leave the shirt in the sun for a few days. The sun will fade out any
fruit juice stains.

Only problem - no sign of any sun these days.

Old 26-08-2006, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

tom&barbara wrote:

Leave the shirt in the sun for a few days. The sun will fade out any
fruit juice stains.

Only problem - no sign of any sun these days.

The sun will fade out most other colors as well.

I was puzzled why all the boxes in the video rental store
window were printed in only blue until someone explained
how sunlight bleached all the other colors out.

An ultraviolet light will do the same job but it'll take
longer because most aren't terribly bright. You might
use a UV light in combination with hydrogen peroxide.

Anthony
Old 26-08-2006, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Oh my goodness. The advice to put stained clothing in the sun really brings
an old memory.

When I was a girl, we used to lay out stained clothing on the roof of the
pump house. (It was about 6 ft tall at the bottom of the eave.) Sometimes
we would put lemon juice on before we put it up there. I even put my white
tennis shoes up there after we washed them.

Periodically I'd go out and check the progress. Sometimes I was pleased and
sometimes I wasn't.

Usually laying it on the pump house was a last resort. I remember I had
just made a pretty pink checked gingham dress with smocking, and my Mother
scorched it right in front when she ironed it before I wore it the first
time. Well, the pump house trick worked, but it was a squeaker.

:-) Donna

Old 27-08-2006, 08:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

This happened to me years ago. I simply used Shout. It took a while but
it eventually came out. You could also try a color safe bleach too.

Old 27-08-2006, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

"Nancy" wrote in message
Brian Watson wrote:
"Nancy" wrote in message
Torge wrote:
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt.
any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

You could try pulling it over your head

You're very quiet Brian!

I'd like to claim "I was speechless" but actually I had no idea I'd posted
that.

blush

Most modern bio washing powders will shift blackberry juice, I'd assume.

--
Brian

Old 27-08-2006, 04:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

"tom&barbara" wrote in message
oups.com...

Torge wrote:
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

A sensible reply

Leave the shirt in the sun for a few days. The sun will fade out any
fruit juice stains.

Only problem - no sign of any sun these days.

Take it on a holiday to Egypt - there is plenty of sun there.

Old 28-08-2006, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

I recently got a free sample of BIZ laundry booster, and it really
worked well for getting some bad stains out! (I have a
toddler...stains are my LIFE!)

I don't know if it will work with the blackberry juice, but when my
daughter recently went to the ER for a cut on her chin, the nurse saw
her bloody shirt and said to use peroxide on it. I tried it, and her
little white t-shirt looks good as new! (I soaked the shirt for a few
minutes in fresh peroxide, then rinsed it and kept it soaking in cold
water until I was ready to wash it).

~Shelly

Old 29-08-2006, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

wrote:

~picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
~simple ideas on how to remove please?
~
~

If it's not coloured, bleach works in seconds.

If it is, then get some denture cleaning tablets, put half of one in a
mug and add boiling water. When it stops fizzing, dunk the stained
part of the shirt in it, and the stain will vanish in a couple of
minutes. Works on blood and fruit juices, not sure about turmeric but
if fresh then it probably does. (When picking my bramble I usually get
both blood and fruit stains cos it's a thug!)

Denture cleaning tabs are fantastic - they'll shift a lot of stains. I
originally used them for cleaning teapots, though they don't work as
well as they used to - I expect there's been some EU reg that has
altered the make-up. Cheaper own brands seem to be better.

[...]

I'm told they're just the job for collectable china, too.

My all-purpose desperate stain-remover is limescale-removing loo
cleaner, applied neat with a little brush or something. Got a curry
(i.e., turmeric) stain out of a blue school shirt in no time. Rinse
well, of course, as it's acid.

--
Mike.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,alt.home.cleaning,misc.consumers.frugal-living

"Torge" wrote in message
picking blackberries yesterday i got some of the juice on my shirt. any
simple ideas on how to remove please?

You could call Kelly Ripken (sp?) with that magic stain remover pen.

Sha-na-na-na, hey hey,,,,goodbye.
Patt