Old 20-09-2006, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Early primrose

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one
already in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around
apparently happy in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the
house, so I leave them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had them
in flower over Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was early...

--
Sue

Old 20-09-2006, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

ws.net, I, Marvo, say :

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one
already in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around
apparently happy in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the
house, so I leave them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had
them in flower over Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was
early...

That's what I was trying to say about the Crocuses in the other thread down
there ...

My two surviving Ipomoea have JUST budded. I reckon they have just a
fighting chance of flowering next week before we start to get the cold
[shivers in anticipation]

Old 20-09-2006, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one already
in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around apparently happy
in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the house, so I leave
them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had them in flower over
Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was early...
Sue

And the rhododendrons at the end of the street are coming into bloom too
!!!!!!!
Jenny

Old 20-09-2006, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one
already in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around
apparently happy in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the
house, so I leave them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had
them in flower over Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was
early...

--
Sue

Welcome to the club Sue.
Here in Notts I have wild violets growing in the gravel paths and in the
lawn and today I found a single large ripe strawberry which I scoffed
quite slowly.....yummy.
Also found about six or so strawberry flowers which I don't expect to
mature because the gods of slugs, mice and Tony Bliar all have it in for
me !!
pp.

Old 20-09-2006, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

p. pleater writes

"Sue" wrote in message
freenews.net...

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one
already in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around
apparently happy in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the
house, so I leave them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had
them in flower over Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was
early...

Welcome to the club Sue.
Here in Notts I have wild violets growing in the gravel paths and in the
lawn and today I found a single large ripe strawberry which I scoffed
quite slowly.....yummy.
Also found about six or so strawberry flowers which I don't expect to
mature because the gods of slugs, mice and Tony Bliar all have it in for
me !!
pp.

I thought it was time for our annual 'flowers out of season' thread ;-)

For me, it's wisteria.

--
Kay

Old 20-09-2006, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , K
writes
p. pleater writes

"Sue" wrote in message
dfreenews.net...

[...]

I passed a rather prostrate white-flowered Rhododendron a few days back.

I noticed a Meconopsis cambrica flower in the garden earlier today.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 21-09-2006, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
In message , K
writes
p. pleater writes

I thought it was time for our annual 'flowers out of season' thread ;-)

For me, it's wisteria.

I passed a rather prostrate white-flowered Rhododendron a few days back.

I noticed a Meconopsis cambrica flower in the garden earlier today.

?? - we always have a few at this time of year. I thought that was
normal?
--
Kay
Old 21-09-2006, 12:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
p. pleater writes

"Sue" wrote in message
dfreenews.net...

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one
already in flower!

snip
Welcome to the club Sue.
Here in Notts I have wild violets growing in the gravel paths and in the

snip

I thought it was time for our annual 'flowers out of season' thread ;-)

snip
Kay

Yes it's strange again, the pomegranates are setting fruit for the second
time this year:-)

Old 21-09-2006, 06:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"p. pleater" wrote in message

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

My primroses have lost track of the seasons - I've just found one already
in flower! It's the wild P. vulgaris but they seed around apparently
happy in a shingle path under the north facing wall of the house, so I
leave them be and hand weed it. A few years ago we had them in flower
over Christmas and New Year and I thought -that- was early...

--
Sue

Welcome to the club Sue.
Here in Notts I have wild violets growing in the gravel paths and in the
lawn and today I found a single large ripe strawberry which I scoffed
quite slowly.....yummy.
Also found about six or so strawberry flowers which I don't expect to
mature because the gods of slugs, mice and Tony Bliar all have it in for
me !!

Infamy..infamy...they've all got it infamy...Frankie Howerd GRHS