Old 14-10-2006, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What would you do. (OT)

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
in , I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

I think the moral is - don't start.

According to Mr Fry on QI (I hear on the Jonafon Woss show, so it is
not that reliable) you have more chance of dying than winning the
lottery.

I'd say it was eminently reliable since we all have a 100% certainty
of dying.

I'm not very good at wording things today, am I?

:-)

Well, we all have days like that. One day I said "I do" :-))

I made that mistake as well!(:-(

Alan

Old 14-10-2006, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

They would be better off putting their money into Premium Bonds, at lest
there is a chance of getting your money back.

Alan

:-)))))))))

AND win :-))

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 14-10-2006, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

What would you do?

Since the Lottery started I have had the same 6 numbers. 5 have come
up tonight.

Would you now change numbers or stick with them?

I would certainly enjoy the £1,019 I had just won.

You wouldn't reinvest it into the next weeks draw then?

Alan

Congratulations!

Old 14-10-2006, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/10/06 17:33, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

(The Lotto was being discussed here)
snip
And IMO, it would attract more buyers not just
by improving the distribution to good causes but by making more and
smaller
prizes instead of one huge one of e.g. £8 mill. Eight prizes of £1 mill.
each would be more attractive in terms of 'possibility'.

Here, here, I've always thought more prizes of smaller amoputs would be more
sensible, this week there is supposed to be a prize of £74 millon and
millions more people have been taken in by it!

They would be better off putting their money into Premium Bonds, at lest
there is a chance of getting your money back.

I'm sure you're right. I have consistently got 'prizes' of £50, £150 and
even £500 from the Premium Bonds. I know that a stockbroker once told me
what the PBs should return to you and mine were doing just the right thing.
Of course, there's no capital growth but then it depends on what you do with
your 'winnings'.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-10-2006, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/10/06 17:33, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

[...]

Medium value: £1,000
£500

Lower value: £100
£50

There is no £150.00 prize

Old 14-10-2006, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message

.................................................. ........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
www.nsrafa.com
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/10/06 17:33, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

[...]

50 +100 =150

Old 15-10-2006, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

I'm sure you're right. I have consistently got 'prizes' of £50, £150
and
even £500 from the Premium Bonds. I know that a stockbroker once told
me
what the PBs should return to you and mine were doing just the right
thing.
Of course, there's no capital growth but then it depends on what you do
with
your 'winnings'.
--

Medium value: £1,000
£500

Lower value: £100
£50

There is no £150.00 prize

50 +100 =150

Hubbard claimed she had 'prizes' of £150.00. There is no prize of £150.00 as
I displayed. Hubbard had 'payouts' of £150.00 just as I had a 'payout' of
£200.00 this month, but there is no 'prize' of £200.00. I had 2 x £100.00
prizes.

Hubbard is very quick to pick up other's postings when she doesn't
understand what has been said, viz where she claimed I had said that I was
President of RAFA and then dismissed her disgusting 'Hitler' statement 'that
certain people should not be allowed to breed or vote' as a joke.

For someone who lives in and advertises her husband's garden centre to all
and sundry, I feel the statement "People in glasshouses ......etc etc" shows
her up for her 'Holier than thou' attitude and nature.

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 15-10-2006, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/10/06 23:52, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message

.................................................. ........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk
www.nsrafa.com
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 14/10/06 17:33, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

What it is to have brains. Yes, I got two prizes in one month as you so
cleverly worked out. ;-)) Of course, it would be nice to have a couple
more noughts on the end but...........! Most of them have been £50 prizes
but steadily enough to make me feel it was worthwhile buying them.

Old 19-10-2006, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

They would be better off putting their money into Premium Bonds, at lest
there is a chance of getting your money back.

Ha! I've had the money from the sale of a car stuck in premium Bonds for
about 10 years. Not massive amount but even so I have never won anything
on them at all. Someone somewhere must win lots of times to get the
probabilities of winning in the area that they always advertise!

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 19-10-2006, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Alan Holmes
writes

They would be better off putting their money into Premium Bonds, at lest
there is a chance of getting your money back.

Ha! I've had the money from the sale of a car stuck in premium Bonds for
about 10 years. Not massive amount but even so I have never won anything
on them at all. Someone somewhere must win lots of times to get the
probabilities of winning in the area that they always advertise!

Janet

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

When I paid my 2 x £100.00 cheques into the bank, I remarked that it would
have been nice if there were a few more 0's on the end, 'That's what you
said last time and what everybody says', so maybe the Isle of Wight is a
lucky place :-))

Alan was actually referring to getting your money back and not seeing it
vanish on a Wednesday or Saturday night :-((

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk