Old 12-10-2006, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default rose problem

Yesterday in the garden, I notice that a rambler rose, one of 4, was
covered in rust. On the underside of the leaf, it looked as if there
was a powdery black substance or it could have been weeny dead black
insects. I don't know how to post a link to a photograph of it and
therefore hope that my description will strike a chord somewhere. What
can I do to get rid of both problems/are they part of the one problem?
--
Judith Lea
Old 12-10-2006, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
Yesterday in the garden, I notice that a rambler rose, one of 4, was
covered in rust. On the underside of the leaf, it looked as if there
was a powdery black substance or it could have been weeny dead black
insects. I don't know how to post a link to a photograph of it and
therefore hope that my description will strike a chord somewhere.

What
can I do to get rid of both problems/are they part of the one problem?
--
Judith Lea

Judith,

If you go to www.google.com Images search for 'rose rust' and also
for 'rose diseases' you will no doubt be able to identify your problem
and see how to control it.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Emrys Davies
writes

If you go to www.google.com Images search for 'rose rust' and also
for 'rose diseases' you will no doubt be able to identify your problem
and see how to control it.

Thank you Emrys, I will take a look
--
Judith Lea

A Buxus Problem, and a Pelargonium problem :-( ZoeM United Kingdom 11 18-07-2008 09:08 AM
new rose problem [email protected] Roses 0 24-05-2003 02:56 AM
Rose Problem Andrew G Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
Rose Problem Andrew G Australia 2 22-02-2003 02:07 AM
Black Red Rose problem Robert S. Martin Roses 7 10-02-2003 12:25 AM