Old 16-10-2006, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Xmas present for 3rd world ?

"Mary Fisher" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
"Mary Fisher" wrote:

We live under a stone - and like it

Is there room under your stone Mary ?

If I budge up a little there can be :-)

I've never heard of any of the above either (except the Eagle has Landed)
I do watch BBC but obviously not the same choices.
I never read English newspapers either.

Nor do I.

Also not a cricket fan :~)

I like cricket but didn't recognise the name Botham, he's terribly old hat
now :-)

We don't read any newspapers. Having been involved in news publishing I'm
worse than a sceptic, I'm certainly not paying money for them.
Mary

I find that TV + Radio + the web more than sufficient, especially since
nearly all newspapers seem to be turning into tabloids....

Jenny

Old 16-10-2006, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/10/06 16:33, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:26:03 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 16/10/06 14:31, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote

Really? You have never heard of the TV series 'Bergerac', filmed back in
the 70s/80s, or the current and ongoing 'Midsomer Murders", starring
Nettles? Even if you don't watch tv, they do come up in newspapers from
time to time! , And you have never heard of Jack Higgins and e.g. the
book
and film, The Eagle has Landed, or Ian Botham, the world-famous
cricketer?
That seems quite extraordinary, even in terms of my personal preference
for
p&q.
snipped
Sacha

We live under a stone - and like it

Is there room under your stone Mary ?

If I budge up a little there can be :-)

I've never heard of any of the above either (except the Eagle has Landed)
I do watch BBC but obviously not the same choices.
I never read English newspapers either.

Nor do I.

Also not a cricket fan :~)

I like cricket but didn't recognise the name Botham, he's terribly old hat
now :-)

Not really - that's why he's used and paid, to promote English meat as a
cartoon character. He's one of the best cricketers England ever had so his
name is still in the forefront of sport in those terms - bit like John
Arlott and that wonderful cricket commentating voice of his. I think Botham
moved to Alderney to be near Arlott!

To join in the feud Arlott had with somebody?

Did he? I know he a reputation for being a considerable trencherman and
boozer but always in the nicest possible way! Alderney people tend to have
that reputation...... ;-)

And Botham, now living in Somerset,

In Midsomer Wotsit?
http://www.geocities.com/televisionc...tionsindex.htm

Some lovely locations there, aren't there? I don't know precisely where
Botham lives, though!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-10-2006, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/10/06 16:48, in article , "JennyC"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:41:02 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote:
[...]

'Midsomer Murders' appear on both Dutch and Belgian TV.
Bergerac is being shown yet agin on Belgian TV.
Martin

I guess that working at the Police all day means I don't want to watch
detectives at night :~)~
Jenny

Ah, but this is all very genteel and the baddies always get caught in the
best tradition of English crime stories!
Perhaps you'd enjoy Van der Valk more!

Old 16-10-2006, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

I guess that working at the Police all day means I don't want to watch
detectives at night :~)~

Are you a police detective, then?
Janet

No, data and functional manager for various Police systems.
Jenny

Old 16-10-2006, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

Of course, if you have no media information

Um - I didn't say that :-)

Mary

Old 16-10-2006, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16/10/06 21:59, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Of course, if you have no media information

Um - I didn't say that :-)

Oh, sorry. You talked about 'living under a stone' so I took you at your
word!

Old 17-10-2006, 05:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote
"JennyC" wrote

I guess that working at the Police all day means I don't want to watch
detectives at night :~)~

Are you a police detective, then?
Janet

No, data and functional manager for various Police systems.

Is that connected to what the police and detectives are doing?

Yes, in as much as they use the systems to track and record crime in the
area.

I wondered what is is about data management, that put you off watching
cop shows.
Janet

probably something buried deep in my psyche Janet :~))
Jenny

Old 17-10-2006, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 16/10/06 21:59, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Of course, if you have no media information

Um - I didn't say that :-)

Oh, sorry. You talked about 'living under a stone' so I took you at your
word!

Micromedia :-)

Mary

Old 21-10-2006, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

I guess that working at the Police all day means I don't want to watch
detectives at night :~)~

Are you a police detective, then?
Janet

No, data and functional manager for various Police systems.

What on earth is 'data and functional manager'?

Alan

Jenny

Old 21-10-2006, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote:
[...]

I buy the Daily Mail every day except sunday, cos the sunday edition has so
much rubbish in it, I have to throw away 70% of it, so to save money I don't
buy it.

I only buy it weekdaily to do the codeword puzzle anyway, the rest of it
mainly goes unread.

Alan

Mary

Old 21-10-2006, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "JennyC" contains these words:

I guess that working at the Police all day means I don't want to watch
detectives at night :~)~

Are you a police detective, then?
Janet

No, data and functional manager for various Police systems.

What on earth is 'data and functional manager'?
Alan

IT speak :~))
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_management
http://www.bita-center.com/bisl2