Old 16-10-2006, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Champignon

I've just received a letter from my old uncle in Bergerac, who tells me
that they haven't seen so many mushrooms in all their life. The woods
were full of them, from cepes, morels and chanterelles . He told me the
market was amazing. Something to do with the weather again ... who
knows. But Jenny, get going with that house of yours!!! I suspect there
is going to be lots of new conserves. I'm going back in December. I can
take orders ;o)

Old 16-10-2006, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16 Oct 2006 11:19:26 -0700
"La Puce" wrote:

I've just received a letter from my old uncle in Bergerac, who tells me
that they haven't seen so many mushrooms in all their life. The woods
were full of them, from cepes, morels and chanterelles . He told me the
market was amazing. Something to do with the weather again ... who
knows. But Jenny, get going with that house of yours!!! I suspect there
is going to be lots of new conserves. I'm going back in December. I can
take orders ;o)

This is true, it is (another) year of mushrooms. Last weekend 9.5 kg
of cepes in an hour. During the week 5 kg with just the kids in
about a half hour. Too many mushrooms...

Last year was the same, we put up loads and loads. Sadly the local
woods here in Normandy are now filled with commercial pickers from
far away... Lucky they don't know the secret spots!

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 17-10-2006, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've just received a letter from my old uncle in Bergerac, who tells me
that they haven't seen so many mushrooms in all their life.

did he notice any John Nettles?

rob

Old 17-10-2006, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

George.com wrote:
"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've just received a letter from my old uncle in Bergerac, who tells me
that they haven't seen so many mushrooms in all their life.

did he notice any John Nettles?

Boom boom! ;o)

Old 17-10-2006, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Emery Davis wrote:
This is true, it is (another) year of mushrooms. Last weekend 9.5 kg
of cepes in an hour. During the week 5 kg with just the kids in
about a half hour. Too many mushrooms...

Emery! I didn't see your reply until now ...?!? You so so so lucky. I
can smell them from here ...

Last year was the same, we put up loads and loads. Sadly the local
woods here in Normandy are now filled with commercial pickers from
far away... Lucky they don't know the secret spots!

Under oaks was the place when I was little. What do you do with your
surplus? Do you conserve them? Or just eat them all untill you all had
enough?

Old 22-10-2006, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Oct 2006 10:53:22 -0700
"La Puce" wrote:

Emery Davis wrote:
This is true, it is (another) year of mushrooms. Last weekend 9.5 kg
of cepes in an hour. During the week 5 kg with just the kids in
about a half hour. Too many mushrooms...

Emery! I didn't see your reply until now ...?!? You so so so lucky. I
can smell them from here ...

Ditto. I confess I gave up on urg for some time, and probably won't be
following closely here now either.

Last year was the same, we put up loads and loads. Sadly the local
woods here in Normandy are now filled with commercial pickers from
far away... Lucky they don't know the secret spots!

Under oaks was the place when I was little. What do you do with your
surplus? Do you conserve them? Or just eat them all untill you all had
enough?

Oaks, but mixed forest too. We freeze cepes either uncooked, sliced and
laid flat, or cooked in 300-500 gm sacs.

There are far too many to either eat or pick and process. Yesterday
we did chicken livers with cepes, took 15 minutes to pick a kilo. My
son wasn't done walking so we just admired without touching. They
are everywhere.

And now, coprin chevelu by the bucket in the front yard, sigh.

bye,

-E