Old 16-10-2006, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is there a device for compressing grass cuttings and then extruding them into pellets ???

That can be then dried and used as fuel on a wood buring stove.

I don't mean a big multi thousand pound machine.

Or anybody have any links to pro machines that can give me an idea of
how to make one.

I had even thought about a cider press, to extude all the juices, and
then cut logs from the grass cake.

I must have tons of grass cuttings every year, there must be a better
use for them.
Old 16-10-2006, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

" writes
That can be then dried and used as fuel on a wood buring stove.

It's called a cow ;-)

Don't know whether you could use them on a wood burning stove, but I've
certainly used dried cow pats to keep a campfire burning slowly
overnight.
--
Kay
Old 16-10-2006, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
" writes
That can be then dried and used as fuel on a wood buring stove.

It's called a cow ;-)

The budget version is called a rabbit :-))

Steve

Old 17-10-2006, 05:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

pcplod wrote in message ...
That can be then dried and used as fuel on a wood buring stove.

I don't mean a big multi thousand pound machine.

Or anybody have any links to pro machines that can give me an idea of
how to make one.

I had even thought about a cider press, to extude all the juices, and
then cut logs from the grass cake.

Interesting concept :~)
I'd imagine that it would need to be dry like straw or hay.

I must have tons of grass cuttings every year, there must be a better
use for them.

Lots of info on the web, but wouldn't find a non-commercial way of making
blocks or pellets...
http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/510830/
http://jcwinnie.biz/wordpress/?p=1127
http://www.pelletheat.org/2/index/index.html

Do let us know how you get on,
Jenny

Old 17-10-2006, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 19:44:24 GMT, " pcplod
wrote:

That can be then dried and used as fuel on a wood buring stove.

Yes, its called a Rabbit