Old 15-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Chris Norton

Default Introducing new gardener.

Could`nt think of a better subject. Good afternoon everyone,
rather new to this group (been lurking for about a week) thought I`d
better do what the FAQ says and introduce myself.
My names Chris, I`m 32 years old and have been doing Bonsai
for the last decade. I`ve inherited a rather lovely garden due to
moving in with my fiancee (3 weeks saturday make that wife). I`m in
charge of all things lawn and swmbo is the border queen. We`ve also
took on a standard size allotment after a article in our local paper
said there`s a lot going in our area. Considering they are only 13
quid a year I`d have took one on ages ago if I`d have known there were
some spare.
I`m not really into flowery gardening although I love to look
at em (bless them snowdrops), I much prefer trees and veggies.

Anyway, no doubt you`ll be hearing from me from time to time
when I ask the questions that you`ll have answeared a thousand times
before (I know I should Google first).

Here`s to a good year and hopefully a touch of rain at some
stage.
Old 15-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Ophelia

A warm welcome to you and Mrs Chris (in 3 weeks) You have come to one of
the friendliest and most helpful groups on the net

Ophelia

Scotland

Old 15-04-2003, 08:44 PM
JennyC

"Chris Norton" wrote
Could`nt think of a better subject. Good afternoon everyone,
rather new to this group (been lurking for about a week) thought I`d
better do what the FAQ says and introduce myself.

Welcome to URG Chris
Hope to see you here more often :~)
Jenny

Old 15-04-2003, 09:08 PM
William Tasso

Ophelia wrote:
"Chris Norton" wrote in message
Could`nt think of a better subject. Good afternoon everyone,
rather new to this group (been lurking for about a week) thought I`d
better do what the FAQ says and introduce myself.

A warm welcome to you and Mrs Chris (in 3 weeks) You have come to
one of the friendliest and most helpful groups on the net

You forgot to mention the whiskey and the slippers ;o)

--
William Tasso

Old 16-04-2003, 01:56 AM
Anne Jackson

"Chris Norton" wrote
Could`nt think of a better subject. Good afternoon everyone,
rather new to this group (been lurking for about a week) thought I`d
better do what the FAQ says and introduce myself.

You wouldn't be the same Chris Norton who used to be with Zetnet, would you?

If so, are you still growing bonsai?

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282

Old 16-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Chris Norton

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:44:37 +0100, Anne Jackson
wrote:

"Chris Norton" wrote
Could`nt think of a better subject. Good afternoon everyone,
rather new to this group (been lurking for about a week) thought I`d
better do what the FAQ says and introduce myself.

You wouldn't be the same Chris Norton who used to be with Zetnet, would you?

If so, are you still growing bonsai?

Caught with trousers down then. Yes I most certainly am him Anne. Good
to see you again. Sill with dear old zetty I see. Any of the old gang
still about?

Anyway, my Bonsai collection now numbers to about 30 and needs 3 water
butts to keep enough water over the summer. Rain this neck of the
country is SORELY needed right now. I`ve got guttering all over the
place to catch what we do get.

I think I`m going to have to make some lean to`s or something down the
allotment as it`s going to be virtually impossible to grow anything in
the clay we have here.

Old 16-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Anne Jackson

The message
from Chris Norton contains these words:

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:44:37 +0100, Anne Jackson
wrote:

"Chris Norton" wrote
Could`nt think of a better subject. Good afternoon everyone,
rather new to this group (been lurking for about a week) thought I`d
better do what the FAQ says and introduce myself.

You wouldn't be the same Chris Norton who used to be with Zetnet,
would you?
If so, are you still growing bonsai?

Caught with trousers down then. Yes I most certainly am him Anne. Good
to see you again. Sill with dear old zetty I see. Any of the old gang
still about?

Going off-topic, so I'll email you! ;-)

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282

Old 17-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Jennifer Sparkes

The message
from Chris Norton contains these words:

Caught with trousers down then. Yes I most certainly am him Anne. Good
to see you again. Sill with dear old zetty I see. Any of the old gang
still about?

Yes Edward and I are. We too will e.mail you

Jennifer