Old 20-10-2006, 07:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default troll

what's a troll?

Old 20-10-2006, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

cineman wrote:
what's a troll?

Look in the mirror.
Old 20-10-2006, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Saxman" wrote in message
cineman wrote:
what's a troll?

Look in the mirror.

I did and?

Old 20-10-2006, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"cineman" wrote in message
.uk...

"Saxman" wrote in message
cineman wrote:
what's a troll?

Look in the mirror.

I did and?

He is suggesting that because of the question it may suggest that you are a
troll, someone who posts rubbish to create a lot of unrest in a newsgroup!

So, is he right?

Alan

Old 20-10-2006, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , cineman
writes

what's a troll?

I'm a troll, though there's no such thing as a typical one.

I hide under an ornamental bridge somewhere in your newsgroup, venturing
out now and again to browse on threads about slugs or summer pruning,
biding my time until some risible poster makes a false step.
Then I leap on them, sink my fangs into their vernacular and take the
compost out of them until I get bored.

Troll taxonomy is fairly contentious though, some groups can argue about
what is and isn't a troll until long after the pubs have shut.

--
Sue ];(

HTH

Old 21-10-2006, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"cineman" wrote
what's a troll?

Normally someone who constantly posts off topic and stuff deliberately
designed to annoy others, you may well recognise Mike Crowe on here who is
our constant Troll.
They are obviously rather sad individuals who have a personality disorder,
after all, who in their right mind goes out of their way to constantly annoy
others and seemingly get a kick out of it, weird. Mike remembers being told
he was doing things wrong by Andy Mabbet, a keen gardener, and the flack
that ensued, and is constantly trying to get back at those that rightly told
him off some years ago. Nasty sad little man.
We have to live together in this world and it's always better to rub along
and enjoy the different personalities.

And you may, one day, annoy the wrong person!

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 22-10-2006, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"cineman" wrote in message
.uk...

"Saxman" wrote in message
cineman wrote:
what's a troll?
Look in the mirror.

I did and?

He is suggesting that because of the question it may suggest that you are
a troll, someone who posts rubbish to create a lot of unrest in a
newsgroup!

So, is he right?

Certainly not. I have posted several questions on here and had some
invaluable help and advice, particularly with snowball tree a few weeks
back.
I have also been able to post, hopefully helpful advice, particularly
identifiying Lonicera nitida baggesens gold a few weeks back.
I merely asked as I was not sure what constituted a troll.
Many thanks for your helpful explanation, the last thing i expected was what
I might have taken to be a very personal insult. But I didnt.
regards
Cineman

Alan

Old 22-10-2006, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

cineman wrote:
what's a troll?

I'll assume you are asking a genuine question and not being a troll
yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
--
www.cheesesoup.myby.co.uk