Old 29-10-2006, 03:15 PM
Registered User

Default Mole murdering

Hi all,

Where we live, there is an empty house next door with a huge mole problem. The bark garden has so many molehills they have joined together and it looks like someone has been digging trenches. I've used every kind of mole repellant to repel their occasional forays over our side of the fence, but today I have decided that enough is enough and thought I'd check out a gardening message board for some expert advice...

Does anyone on here know the most effective way to kill them when they come over to my back garden under the fence? I want every last one of them, and their children, dead. Not diverted to next door for a month or so until they have another go. Dead. Never to return again. Deceased - though preferably not pushing up the daisies...

Any advice would be welcome. On registering I did a quick search for "moles" and saw one of these recommended on another thread http://www.northerntooluk.com/produc...partno=168907E

Can anyone else vouch for their effectiveness? Would some kind of warfarin based/rat poison type bait be more effective? At the moment, I'm seriously considering sticking a few bangers down the holes and hoping they die of shock!

Cheers,

Moleyguy.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Registered User

You may be interested to know of a new and very useful website which helps you find a Traditional Molecatcher without charge.

The British Traditional Molecatchers Register can be found on -

www.britishmolecatchers.co.uk

Cheers

J!MBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by moleyguy View Post

Mole murdering moleyguy Gardening 19 10-11-2006 02:57 AM
mole, vole smitty48 Edible Gardening 1 26-10-2003 01:32 AM
mole,vole, ? CaringIsTheFirstStep Edible Gardening 2 15-03-2003 10:20 PM
Mole lairs: 4-5' deep? richard holmes Gardening 12 13-03-2003 03:44 PM
Mole deterrants tulip United Kingdom 17 17-11-2002 02:23 PM