Old 31-10-2006, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tomatoes still cropping?

M Moneymaker and Shiley plants stopped about a month ago in the greenhouse.
I'm still getting approx half pound, every other day from my Supersweet 100,
cherry tomato plant.
Anyone else still cropping?
Bertie

Old 31-10-2006, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:03:40 -0000, "Bertie Doe"
wrote:

M Moneymaker and Shiley plants stopped about a month ago in the greenhouse.
I'm still getting approx half pound, every other day from my Supersweet 100,
cherry tomato plant.
Anyone else still cropping?
Bertie

I've finished cropping and eating the Gardeners Delight in the garden.
The remaining bunches are now repining indoors hung on a length of
string.

http://www.easynn.com
Old 31-10-2006, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

M Moneymaker and Shiley plants stopped about a month ago in the greenhouse.
I'm still getting approx half pound, every other day from my Supersweet 100,
cherry tomato plant.
Anyone else still cropping?
Bertie

Yes indeed my Moneymakers are still producing.
kate
Old 31-10-2006, 12:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

M Moneymaker and Shiley plants stopped about a month ago in the
greenhouse.
I'm still getting approx half pound, every other day from my Supersweet
100,
cherry tomato plant.
Anyone else still cropping?
Bertie

I've finished cropping and eating the Gardeners Delight in the garden.
The remaining bunches are now repining indoors hung on a length of
string.

http://www.easynn.com

I have just chopped up about 5lbs of very ripe tomatoes to make soup and
there are still some ripening. In addition we gave about 5lbs of green
tomatoes to the local pub to make chutney (all grown under glass)

Jeanne

Old 31-10-2006, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bertie Doe" typed

M Moneymaker and Shiley plants stopped about a month ago in the greenhouse.
I'm still getting approx half pound, every other day from my
Supersweet 100,
cherry tomato plant.
Anyone else still cropping?
Bertie

My Moneymaker are just finishing; they are in a mini-greenhouse whose
canopy was removed ages ago, so they're outdoors.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old 31-10-2006, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 Bertie Doe wrote:

M Moneymaker and Shiley plants stopped about a month ago in the greenhouse.
I'm still getting approx half pound, every other day from my Supersweet 100,
cherry tomato plant.
Anyone else still cropping?

Yes. I have an enormous cherry tomato "bush" (I didn't prune it back)
which grew from a self set from my compost (the same compost provided
self-set cantaloupe melons) and they are still cropping.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Old 31-10-2006, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hmmm, I wonder why my main croppers finished so early, in fact, it may have
been 5 weeks ago.
This year for the first time, I used growbags, fed fortnightly with
tomorite, rather than my normal habit of planting direct into the g/house
soil.
Perhaps next year I'll just use a growbag for the cherry toms.

Bertie

Old 01-11-2006, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
M Moneymaker and Shiley plants stopped about a month ago in the greenhouse.
I'm still getting approx half pound, every other day from my Supersweet
100, cherry tomato plant.
Anyone else still cropping?
Bertie

Hi You lucky lot

My crop was decimated by blight after growing the best crop ever.
both outdoors and under glass.
Will try blight resistant next year

Old 03-11-2006, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Tomatoes are still in flower in the greenhouse - and cropping.

So are sweet peppers.

The toms are Marmande and Moneymaker. I won't grow the latter next year as
they taste rather bland.

Lowest night temp. in the unheated / uninsulated greenhouse has fallen from
14 to 6 degrees C in the past few days.... ugh

Best wishes,

Keith

Old 06-11-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message

Tomatoes are still in flower in the greenhouse - and cropping.

So are sweet peppers.

The toms are Marmande and Moneymaker. I won't grow the latter next year as
they taste rather bland.

Marmande, I haven't seen that for sale in the local nurseries. Did you buy
it in seed form?

BD