Old 03-11-2006, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Why my Jersey lily never flower in the last 3yrs?

I was given some Jersey lilies three years back, and it had never
flowered. Can anyone help pls? Thanks

Old 03-11-2006, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bit more info might help, such as planted in soil? planted in pots?
type of soil/compost

next year when full grown feed with high potash fertiliser (such as tomoto
fertiliser or tomoto phostrogen or just phostrogen) fortnightly till growth
dies back, ensure they are in the sun, and not planted too deep. following
year all things being equal they should produce flowers

for a little more info try this site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/gqt/fshe...sheetsq3.shtml
and here but scroll down to 19th september
http://www.flora.org.gg/natdi09.htm

regards
Cineman

oups.com...

Old 03-11-2006, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"cineman" wrote after
Jacq wrote

I was given some Jersey lilies three years back, and it had never
flowered. Can anyone help pls? Thanks

Bit more info might help, such as planted in soil? planted in pots?
type of soil/compost

next year when full grown feed with high potash fertiliser (such as tomoto
fertiliser or tomoto phostrogen or just phostrogen) fortnightly till
growth dies back, ensure they are in the sun, and not planted too deep.
following year all things being equal they should produce flowers

for a little more info try this site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/gqt/fshe...sheetsq3.shtml
and here but scroll down to 19th september
http://www.flora.org.gg/natdi09.htm

If they are Amaryllis belladonna then I found they do take some years to
settle down, it must have been over 5 years before I saw the first flowers
in our front garden. After they get strong enough to flower for the first
time they will go from strength to strength and the flowers get more and
better every year.
Stunning plant and well worth waiting for, just forget about them and one
year they will surprise you.

--
Regards
Bob H