Old 09-11-2006, 05:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Scraping the barrel

"Bob Hobden" wrote

Having given up on Sky, which we never watched, we too have resorted to
buying DVDs to watch with the money we would have wasted on Sky. So
instead of the dreadful "reality" programs and tragic "comedy" programs
(i.e.. Little Britain) that seem to litter the airwaves we have watched
all the "Miss Marples" with Joan Hickson, we recently bought the complete
"Midsummer Murders" and now are going to get the complete "Morse". Never
watched them the first time around. All highly recommended.

http://www.choicesuk.com/ has the lot and we have found them rather
efficient.
Regards
Bob H

Makes you wonder about the mentality of the majority of the population, if
they like all the rubbish that's on nowadays....
Lets hope that the BBC keeps going as they have the best programs in the
world :~))
I think that in the foreseeable future we will have TV on demand via
internet. lets hope that the quality does not deteriorate even more.
jenny

Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:

Having given up on Sky, which we never watched, we too have resorted to
buying DVDs to watch with the money we would have wasted on Sky. So instead
of the dreadful "reality" programs and tragic "comedy" programs (i.e..
Little Britain) that seem to litter the airwaves we have watched all the
"Miss Marples" with Joan Hickson, we recently bought the complete "Midsummer
Murders" and now are going to get the complete "Morse". Never watched them
the first time around. All highly recommended.

You can never watch the complete Midsommer Murders. There's people dying
there every day the way the series works :-)

--
John Kelly

remove dimspam if replying by email
Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 23:08:27 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

we recently bought the complete "Midsummer
Murders"

Why not just buy one of them, they're all the same.

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
Old 09-11-2006, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 00:43:59 +0000, Alan
wrote and included this (or some of this):

In message , JennyC
wrote

Torchwood (BBC2 in about an hour from now) is pretty good

Yep Torchwood is an over hyped travelog of Cardiff using reject scripts
and sets from Dr Who with actors who cannot act.

But it doesn't include the deadly dangerous Daleks who must surely be
constantly thwarted by kerbs, stairs, potholes and shingle beaches.

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
Old 09-11-2006, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:33:01 +0100, Martin wrote
(in article ):

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 23:08:27 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Klara" wrote

snip

Good plan! There is less and less I can bear to watch - we gave up on
Spooks because it was all terrorists, and we've had friends and family
very close to both the Twin Towers and the underground blasts. But
Quatermass, now that I could cope with....

Having given up on Sky, which we never watched, we too have resorted to
buying DVDs to watch with the money we would have wasted on Sky. So instead
of the dreadful "reality" programs and tragic "comedy" programs (i.e..
Little Britain) that seem to litter the airwaves we have watched all the
"Miss Marples" with Joan Hickson, we recently bought the complete
"Midsummer
Murders" and now are going to get the complete "Morse". Never watched them
the first time around. All highly recommended.

http://www.choicesuk.com/ has the lot and we have found them rather
efficient.

www.amazon.co.uk appears to charge half the price

snip prices
I looked at choicesuk and agree Amazon is far cheaper. We haven't had a TV
for about 20 years but do watch DVDs (DVD projector and home-made screen). We
really enjoy Foyle's War, and found some of these sets very much cheaper from
the Netherlands through eBay. They have Dutch subtitles, but these are simple
to turn off.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Old 10-11-2006, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan wrote:
In message , JennyC
wrote

Torchwood (BBC2 in about an hour from now) is pretty good

Yep Torchwood is an over hyped travelog of Cardiff using reject scripts
and sets from Dr Who with actors who cannot act.

Maybe - however it's still one of the better things on tv at the moment.
I can't believe how many channels there are on freeview and so little
worth watching. Please please please bring on the spring and the logn
nights so I can get back out into the garden again...

btw - nothing wrong with an over hyped travelog of Cardiff, it's a
brilliant place to live but then again I live there so I would say that ;-)

Old 17-11-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"jane" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Nov 2006 10:41:15 +0000, John Kelly
wrote:

~Bob Hobden wrote:
~
~ Having given up on Sky, which we never watched, we too have resorted to
~ buying DVDs to watch with the money we would have wasted on Sky. So
instead
~ of the dreadful "reality" programs and tragic "comedy" programs (i.e..
~ Little Britain) that seem to litter the airwaves we have watched all
the
~ "Miss Marples" with Joan Hickson, we recently bought the complete
"Midsummer
~ Murders" and now are going to get the complete "Morse". Never watched
them
~ the first time around. All highly recommended.
~
~You can never watch the complete Midsommer Murders. There's people dying
~there every day the way the series works :-)

And there's more on Sunday!

But there were only three murders in the Sunday one, most dissapointing!

Alan

Scraping the Barrel? Klara United Kingdom 11 17-11-2006 10:26 PM
Scraping the barrel Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) United Kingdom 0 07-11-2006 11:50 PM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Texas 1 28-02-2003 04:26 AM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Lawns 1 22-02-2003 01:27 AM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Gardening 2 20-02-2003 04:27 AM