Old 14-11-2006, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Scraping the Barrel?

In message , Martin
writes
was even worse than last week.
Digging Deep is about one inch in reality.
Maybe Scratching the Surface would be a better name for the program.

Have finally weaned myself off it :-))

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 15-11-2006, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 23:18:03 +0000, Klara
wrote:

In message , Martin
writes
was even worse than last week.
Digging Deep is about one inch in reality.
Maybe Scratching the Surface would be a better name for the program.

Have finally weaned myself off it :-))

No sign of spades in the back of the Jaguar this week. Some surprise
was expressed that after chopping down a tree the ground was still
full of roots. Welly colour this week purple.

It is marginally funnier, but less educational, than watching Little
Britain for the thousandth time.
--

Martin

In terms of planting schemes it has to be the worst yet both for maintenance
and co-ordination . I watch the programme just to see how bad it can get
and I am not disappointed that each week it gets worse.
They chopped down beautiful, graceful silver birch which were doing no harm
and replaced them with a couple of pink blancmange azaleas which will
probably struggle in that soil.
Roll on next week

Old 15-11-2006, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
and they removed the grass and the topsoil and had to buy new topsoil.
New turf laid on dry earth. Part of fence stained to match her
wellies.
All the plants were spring flowering.
Not to mention exploiting yet another gardeners personal problems.

At last! I've seen what you're all talking about for once. I keep
missing those gems see sweetie darling now ruffles own hair. I was
silent for quite a while afterwards, gobsmacked I'd say, and that my
friends is a rarity. My lot here thought I was in a synchope. Even the
dogs circled me a couple of times ...

It is criminal to let millions beleive they could have a garden
flowering at once with plants which normally simply wouldn't. I mean,
the californian poppies at the same time as the full moped head maple
and azaleas rhodo and lavender !?!

My lil' son made an interesting comment, he said that the garden was
'reversed'. And before you ask, I can't think of a kid who has visited
as many gardens, parks, greenhouses and sheds than this one ;o)

Old 15-11-2006, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
Do have the feeling that old purple wellies had "changed"?

Ah, continuity! But she had a huge pink coat at the beginning of the
programme and then it looked like it was really sunny and hot. I like
pink. Not so keen on purple though.

Old 15-11-2006, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On 15 Nov 2006 11:54:19 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

Martin wrote:
Do have the feeling that old purple wellies had "changed"?

Ah, continuity! But she had a huge pink coat at the beginning of the
programme and then it looked like it was really sunny and hot. I like
pink. Not so keen on purple though.

I meant sex!
--

Martin

No Martin she is a gay guy trapped in a female body so I can understand your
confusion-darling. As for the chap well..........

Old 16-11-2006, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
Do have the feeling that old purple wellies had "changed"?

Ah, continuity! But she had a huge pink coat at the beginning of the
programme and then it looked like it was really sunny and hot. I like
pink. Not so keen on purple though.

I meant sex!

LOL!!! I'm laughing so much .... I can't find my words ... )) It's a
'flamboyant' thing, isn't it, sweetie. She was an antique dealer 10
years ago before becoming a designer and meeting dahling Andre in a
salon. My father was too. An antique dealer that is.

Old 16-11-2006, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
before becoming a sweetie in a salon? :-)

That my friend is not for this forum. Let just say that life is indeed
quite long for some it seems ;o)

I thought you had made it up, but it is all there at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/tv_an...ml#andre_smith

I never lie, any colour of lie either. I tell it like it is. And yes,
I've been slapped a couple of times.

Old 16-11-2006, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

Martin wrote:
before becoming a sweetie in a salon? :-)

That my friend is not for this forum. Let just say that life is indeed
quite long for some it seems ;o)

I thought you had made it up, but it is all there at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/gardening/tv_an...ml#andre_smith

I never lie, any colour of lie either. I tell it like it is. And yes,
I've been slapped a couple of times.

Oooh, can I come and do that to you?

Alan

Old 16-11-2006, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

La Puce wrote:

I never lie, any colour of lie either. I tell it like it is. And yes,
I've been slapped a couple of times.

Then consider yourself slapped again you liar. You never lie ?????? -
you reported me to my employer making a false, lying claim that I was
using an NHS email address and computer by contributing to urg - you
viscious, nasty, lying specimen. You have a huge problem - you can't
distinguish the truth from lies, that's sick.

p.s. for urglers, Helene Rudlin's claim was investigated as all
complaints have to be and quite rightly so but give some thought to the
waste of money and resources that her lying complaint caused - this
would have been better spent on an already pressed service. Obviously,
her complaint was proved unfounded.

Puke,what goes around will come around - you are the most evil, twisted
person, I have ever encountered in my life but there is a balance and
you day you will have cause to remember my words.

You were the sole cause for a lot of expertise being lost to urg, do
not imagine for one moment that your silly ramblings can compensate for
the real knowledge of experts.

Now, make another fictitous, evil, lying complaint and believe me, it
will be pursued legally.

Judith Lea
(Posting on my private computer, as always, in my private time, as
always and, not on an NHS email address, as always)

Old 16-11-2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

judith lea wrote:
Then consider yourself slapped again you liar.

OH NOoooo... they've let you out again. Just keep on taking your meds.

Old 17-11-2006, 06:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"La Puce" wrote in message

I never lie, any colour of lie either. I tell it like it is. And

yes,
I've been slapped a couple of times.

Oooh, can I come and do that to you?

Snort! If it was me doing the slapping then she'd be in splints
before I'd stop.

Old 17-11-2006, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
"La Puce" wrote in message

I never lie, any colour of lie either. I tell it like it is. And

yes,
I've been slapped a couple of times.

Oooh, can I come and do that to you?

Snort! If it was me doing the slapping then she'd be in splints
before I'd stop.

Did it snow on your farm? On TV I saw it was snowing in Ballarat.

We got some Sago snow but only a short burst for about 15 mins - just
enough to settle on the ground for about 15 mins after it stopped.
It has been the sodding frosts that have doen a LOT of damage. Teh
toms have been double covered each night but all now have frost
damaged leaves. The axils joints look OK so I'm hoping they will live
as it's now getting a bit late in the seasont o try to buy new plants.

Scraping the barrel JennyC United Kingdom 21 17-11-2006 05:23 PM
Scraping the barrel Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) United Kingdom 0 07-11-2006 11:50 PM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Texas 1 28-02-2003 04:26 AM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Lawns 1 22-02-2003 01:27 AM
Compost Pile / Barrel J Dubb Gardening 2 20-02-2003 04:27 AM