Old 31-01-2007, 07:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sam sam is offline

Default My camelia is in flower.

It is 31 January and I have a camelia Donation
which has started to flower.
I have never known weather like this in over
50 years of gardening.

www.23hq.com/Sam62/photo/1618218
Old 31-01-2007, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sam" wrote in message
It is 31 January and I have a camelia Donation
which has started to flower.
I have never known weather like this in over
50 years of gardening.

www.23hq.com/Sam62/photo/1618218

Weather wise that's a me too.
You have cheated " This photo was taken on March 01, 2007 at 11:52 PM and
uploaded on January 31, 2007 at 07:41 PM. " :-)
Still very impressive

Old 02-02-2007, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sam wrote:
It is 31 January and I have a camelia Donation
which has started to flower.
I have never known weather like this in over
50 years of gardening.

www.23hq.com/Sam62/photo/1618218

Us too..... same variety. In unheated polytunnels that are opened to the
elements daily.

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

"That's 10 times I've explained binary to you. I won't tell you a 3rd
time!"

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA

Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

sam wrote:
: It is 31 January and I have a camelia Donation
: which has started to flower.
: I have never known weather like this in over
: 50 years of gardening.
:
: www.23hq.com/Sam62/photo/1618218

Ours have been flowering well too but a few years ago some were flowering
from November and that wasn't the autumn one either. Never got it that early
again.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Robert
writes
sam wrote:
: It is 31 January and I have a camelia Donation
: which has started to flower.
: I have never known weather like this in over
: 50 years of gardening.
:
: www.23hq.com/Sam62/photo/1618218

Ours have been flowering well too but a few years ago some were flowering
from November and that wasn't the autumn one either. Never got it that early
again.

For other unseasonal flowers, I was on the local snowdrop walk this
afternoon, and apart from the usual winter flowers (Acacia dealbata,
Daphne bholua, Sarcococca, ...) there were also in flower a mophead
Hydrangea, a rose, and some Schizostylis. I saw a Lavatera 'Barnsley'
(mostly reverted) still in flower elsewhere on Monday.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 08-02-2007, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Feb, 19:23, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
I saw a Lavatera 'Barnsley'
(mostly reverted) still in flower elsewhere on Monday.

Stewart, so glad I have found you - I knew I had heard the name
somewhere! I'm compiling info on around 100 plants for a portfolio I
am doing for a course. I was looking at different lavatera cultivars
and I found a very interesting page, with your name as copyright on
it. Could I possibly ask you permission to reproduce the series of
images, from 'barnsley to rosea' and quote your name naturally on the
side? It's only for me and my college. Thank you.

Camelia flowering - lack of! CM United Kingdom 6 06-04-2004 09:46 PM
Camelia flowering - lack of! CM United Kingdom 0 06-04-2004 09:39 PM
Camelia cuttings Shelley Australia 3 18-10-2003 01:02 PM
Camelia Red Australia 7 13-10-2003 11:23 PM