Old 20-04-2003, 02:32 PM
John Towill

Default Throwing out baby ...

--
"Fenny" k wrote in
message ...
Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard William Tasso say...
I wonder is there any reason one shouldn't use bath/shower waste water

on
the garden?

Obviously the output from washing machines, dishwashers etc. is a fairly
good path cleaner, but I wonder if any of the preparations, mixes and

other
paraphernalia found in modern bathrooms is harmful to gardens.

No. Pa replumbed our house years ago so that all the waste water from
the bath & sinks went into a barrel. In very dry summers he also
diverted the dishwasher & washing machine outflows onto the grass. Made
the grass go yellowish, but by the time it had run down the hill onto
the beds it seemed to have no ill effect on the plants.
--
Fenny

As a child I lived in a small hamlet in Somerset, our water supply came from
a very small reservoir, any summer with more than 2 weeks without rain meant
water rationing.
My father always used the waste water on the garden to no ill effect.
Of course 50 odd years ago about all we used was ordinary soaps, perhaps a
little detergent, certainly no biological!
cheers
John T
Remove the wet from towill to reply
by email

Old 21-04-2003, 01:44 PM
William Tasso

Mike wrote:
Many thanks also to those who emailed me with web sites for 'Cleaning
Waste Water' and such.

go on then - share the wisdom ;o)

--
William Tasso

Old 21-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Mike

In article , William Tasso
writes
Mike wrote:
Many thanks also to those who emailed me with web sites for 'Cleaning
Waste Water' and such.

go on then - share the wisdom ;o)

Beds of Reeds.

Beds of Charcoal.

A complicated way of using the water for heating via the radiators and
then filtering out the impurities via felt pads. The water went through
the boiler first, then the radiators then the felt pads and into a
holding tanks and allowing settlement.

A pair of holding tanks where the water is allowed to settle then drawn
off from the middle of the depth of the first tank into the second via a
charcoal filter. This allowed for that which sank, to sink, and that
which floated, to float.

Someone else suggested that this 'Grey Water' could be used for flushing
toilets.

Someone else suggested that I shouldn't be a clever Dick, just allow the
Water Board to deal with it, that's what we pay water rates for. I
thought I had explained our Sewer Problem and whereby I am the *******
who opposes all buildings on virgin ground because our sewers cannot
cope with more 'roof water' in a flash flood. How can I oppose building
with one hand and put in for building with the other? I am trying to add
'Grey Water' saving to the 'Rain Water' saving thereby precious little
goes down the drain.

Quite a few people told me money is available for the research into this
sort of thing and they are sending me pamphlets :-)) Many thanks. All I
can do is gather the info up and pass it on. :-))

And to the prat that asked me if I am going for an OBE this is a joint
effort with the whole local council. I have as much clout in this as a
knockout with a wet kipper.

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Throwing Snow In Neighbors Yard? Illegal? LONG!! MICHELLE H. Gardening 39 02-02-2021 11:41 PM
CENSORSHIP ALERT: Make Mirror Copies Of Soldier Throwing PuppyVideo Ted[_2_] Gardening 4 06-03-2008 05:12 PM
Plant trading/selling/throwing away??? RedForeman Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 21-12-2006 08:06 PM
2 baby koi, 1 baby plant ~ janj Ponds 6 14-05-2006 12:42 AM
'baby' out with the bathwater?? *muffin* Ponds 11 13-09-2003 05:02 PM