Old 28-02-2007, 11:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default frog spawn recording

Hi,
I use the following web site to keep records of frog spawn amongst other
things
http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/
There are interactive maps showing the spread of spawn reports over the UK.
Most of you probably are probably aware of this site but cant recall much
comment about it.
Last year I recorded 10th march as first frog spawn, previous year it was
march 11th.
See what this year brings, plenty of frogs but no spawn yet.
Cineman
West Midlands

Old 28-02-2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Feb, 11:05, "cineman"
wrote:
Hi,
I use the following web site to keep records of frog spawn amongst other
thingshttp://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/
There are interactive maps showing the spread of spawn reports over the UK.
Most of you probably are probably aware of this site but cant recall much
comment about it.
Last year I recorded 10th march as first frog spawn, previous year it was
march 11th.
See what this year brings, plenty of frogs but no spawn yet.

We've got lots and lots of spawn here since 18th February. Very early
- never had so many so early (Greater Manchester). Also the nature's
calendar is a good idea but it's run by The Woodland Trust and we've
opted out about 5 years ago. We're still National Trust though )

Old 28-02-2007, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 11:05:31 +0000, cineman wrote
(in article ):

Hi,
I use the following web site to keep records of frog spawn amongst other
things
http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/
There are interactive maps showing the spread of spawn reports over the UK.
Most of you probably are probably aware of this site but cant recall much
comment about it.
Last year I recorded 10th march as first frog spawn, previous year it was
march 11th.
See what this year brings, plenty of frogs but no spawn yet.
Cineman
West Midlands

Early for us in Shropshire this year:

http://www.sallysweb.co.uk/frogs.jpg

Photo taken on 26th February.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Frog Spawn Stephen G United Kingdom 2 15-04-2003 02:20 PM
We have frog spawn Kay Easton United Kingdom 18 23-03-2003 07:44 PM
My frog spawn sank Serenity United Kingdom 3 18-03-2003 06:09 PM
Frog spawn Instep Walking Holidays United Kingdom 0 18-03-2003 05:08 PM
Frog, toad and newt spawn Annabel United Kingdom 9 08-03-2003 05:45 PM