Old 18-03-2007, 10:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default ?? for Charlie

Charlie, did you propagate that white Cobaea that PH gave both of us? Ray
forgot to do ours and I'm longing for another one to grow up one of the
posts. It grew very fast up one of the trees but I think it was too shady
to flower at its best.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 19-03-2007, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Charlie, did you propagate that white Cobaea that PH gave both of us? Ray
forgot to do ours and I'm longing for another one to grow up one of the
posts. It grew very fast up one of the trees but I think it was too shady
to flower at its best.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

Yes, I still have the original in the conservatory (where its a pest!) and
Liz got cross with the babies in the tunnel so I put one out (no sign yet)
but another is just returning to growth in the tunnel, so I still have it. I
found it very late to flower being best in October and November. Did you
want one? we are at Newton Abbott next Sunday for the NCCPG plant sale if
that's any help?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 19-03-2007, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/3/07 08:13, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Sounds good - I/We will try to pop over. Many thanks, Charlie. Exactly
where in NA is it being held? I've also managed to track down a Pelargonium
sidoides - the black one. A customer has been after it for two years and
Ray kept forgetting to propagate it and then found his one and only had
died. It's not exactly a high demand plant but interesting if you like that
sort of thing. ;-)
I feel as if I'm playing Plant Detective!

Old 19-03-2007, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 19/3/07 08:13, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

We shall be all huddled looking cold and miserable in the cattle market at
the centre of town!
If you have any of that light blue ipomoea (I. learii syn Pharbitis learii -
the one that does not set seed) we could do a swap :~)

Old 19-03-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
I'll check with Ray. He's gone seed collecting at Plant World - we're
going to stock some of their packets this season.

They have some very interesting seeds in their catalogue. I always aim
to buy one or two packets and then order about 8 - 12 every year!
Aren't they the helpful ones who give you a free packet if you belong to
the HPS and 5 packets if you have a website and link to them?

Nice communications from them and a chatty letter.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 19-03-2007, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19/3/07 12:40, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
I'll check with Ray. He's gone seed collecting at Plant World - we're
going to stock some of their packets this season.

They have some very interesting seeds in their catalogue. I always aim
to buy one or two packets and then order about 8 - 12 every year!
Aren't they the helpful ones who give you a free packet if you belong to
the HPS and 5 packets if you have a website and link to them?

Nice communications from them and a chatty letter.

http://www.plant-world-seeds.com/

That sounds right, Janet. Ray Brown is the owner.

And for Charlie, Ray has that Ipomoea so I'll bring it over next w/e.

Old 19-03-2007, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

. uk...

wrote:

[...]

Brilliant.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

if you will call Charlie's monolith with figs, it will firmly waste the ointment Richard United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 11:03 AM
Query for Charlie Pridham Sacha United Kingdom 5 18-03-2005 11:08 AM
Ground Ivy Creeping Charlie Anom Lawns 2 10-05-2004 03:05 AM
how to get rid creeping charlie Brandon Herlein Lawns 5 26-04-2004 12:04 AM
creeping charlie rosie readandpost Gardening 3 01-06-2003 02:08 PM