Old 22-03-2007, 03:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default More about Daffodils!!

My wife has asked me to put this query to you....

She has a clump of daffodils in our front garden (about a dozen). This year
& last, they have grown plenty of leaves - but not a flower in sight!!

Yesterday, they looked pretty deflated after the sudden wintery weather but
today they are again fully erect, albeit totally flower-less!

Any ideas what's happening??

Old 22-03-2007, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nel" wrote
My wife has asked me to put this query to you....

She has a clump of daffodils in our front garden (about a dozen). This
year & last, they have grown plenty of leaves - but not a flower in
sight!!

Yesterday, they looked pretty deflated after the sudden wintery weather
but today they are again fully erect, albeit totally flower-less!

Any ideas what's happening??

Probably not planted deep enough, and ask her what feed she provides for
them when they are in leaf. Hint! :-)

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 22-03-2007, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
: "Nel" wrote
:: My wife has asked me to put this query to you....
::
:: She has a clump of daffodils in our front garden (about a dozen).
:: This year & last, they have grown plenty of leaves - but not a
:: flower in sight!!
::
:: Yesterday, they looked pretty deflated after the sudden wintery
:: weather but today they are again fully erect, albeit totally
:: flower-less!
::
:: Any ideas what's happening??
: Probably not planted deep enough, and ask her what feed she provides
: for them when they are in leaf. Hint! :-)

Or they could need dividing if they have become too overcrowded

Old 22-03-2007, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 22, 5:40 pm, "Robert \(Plymouth\)" beachcom...@ultimate-
anonymity.com wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:

: "Nel" wrote
:: My wife has asked me to put this query to you....
::
:: She has a clump of daffodils in our front garden (about a dozen).
:: This year & last, they have grown plenty of leaves - but not a
:: flower in sight!!
::
:: Yesterday, they looked pretty deflated after the sudden wintery
:: weather but today they are again fully erect, albeit totally
:: flower-less!
::
:: Any ideas what's happening??
: Probably not planted deep enough, and ask her what feed she provides
: for them when they are in leaf. Hint! :-)

Or they could need dividing if they have become too overcrowded

Isn't there some daff pest which can leave bulbs flowerless?

Cat(h)

More on blind daffodils Sacha United Kingdom 1 21-03-2004 08:03 PM
Bluebird Houses & Daffodils Poking up was: What to do.... *grin* [email protected] North Carolina 8 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
Daffodils Mceezee Gardening 4 19-03-2003 09:08 AM
Wimpy Daffodils :-( Bippy North Carolina 0 15-03-2003 08:44 PM
Daffodils Beachcomber United Kingdom 8 01-01-2003 04:30 AM