Old 22-06-2003, 06:59 PM
fj

Default Mulching/multiclip mowers

Well, my Stiga 46S arrived on Friday, delivered to my doorstep and ready to
go all for £305.

All I can say is I cannot believe how it does it! It took about 1hr1omins to
mow my grass and you cannot see any clippings at all. All the arguments
against it i.e grass clippings will be carried intothe house, it will create
more 'thatch' to be scarified later, seem to be totally incorrect (okay the
scond one I will see at the end of the season), but the grass clipping
problem i.e getting covered in them and carrying them into the house
afterwards is totally incorrect. After my 1st mow there was not a single
blade of grass on my boots or trousers - maybe I was luckiy in as much as it
has been very dry until today when we had a thunderstorm to round the
weekend off.

Now the clippings being very fine wil rot away in 48hrs (according to the
bumf with the mower) and this feeds the lawn back its on nitrogen and will
help kill of the moss! Again time will tell.

I will post more as I get more usage.

fj

Old 23-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "fj" contains these words:

Well, my Stiga 46S arrived on Friday, delivered to my doorstep and ready to
go all for £305.

All I can say is I cannot believe how it does it! It took about 1hr1omins to
mow my grass and you cannot see any clippings at all.

Sounds tempting..especially as I've got a load of raking up to do.
What area of grass are you cutting in that time, and is the Stiga
self-powered?

Janet.

Old 24-06-2003, 12:10 AM
fj

Hi Janet,

Yes it is self powered and the 46 S indicates 46 cm cutting diameter

My lawn takes one hour approx, and its about 80m by 20-30m - what one would
call large I think.

If I removed the bungalow and flower beds I gues it would hold about 3
tennis courts

The non self propelled version cost about £230-£240 but the additional £60
for the 46 S is definetely worth it.

I was being charged about £25-30 for each mowing and at 2-3 oper month this
mower will pay for itself by the end of September!

If you want any more info etc let me know - I would heartily recommend
Herbert Heard in Kilkhampton, Cornwall if you live anywhere nearby who sold
me the mower. (I have no conenction with them but all I can say was i got
excellent service and a demo on my own lawn before deciding
to buy!).

Cheers

fj

Old 24-06-2003, 12:10 AM
fj

BTW Janet my original post was a few weeks ago where you can find some other
comments - try google groups if your news doesn't go back far enough.

Old 24-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Judith Lea

In article , fj
writes

Does it have a sit on version?

--
Judith Lea

Old 24-06-2003, 11:21 PM
fj

Yes they do have sit on versions - www.stiga.com may have more info or get a
brochure from your local dealer.

The biggest walk-behinfd self propelled is a Multiclip PRO 51 S (
11-8896-58)

Cheers

fj

Does it have a sit on version?

Old 26-06-2003, 12:20 PM
Judith Lea

In article , fj
writes
Yes they do have sit on versions - www.stiga.com may have more info or get a
brochure from your local dealer.

The biggest walk-behinfd self propelled is a Multiclip PRO 51 S (
11-8896-58)

Thank you for that I will take a look
--
Judith Lea

Mulching Mowers [email protected] United Kingdom 15 25-06-2014 12:32 PM
Mulching mowers kt United Kingdom 6 01-04-2007 11:58 AM
Mulching in North Carolina Steve Bouton Gardening 3 03-12-2003 12:33 AM
Mulching or Multiclip Mowers - and now Moles ned United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 01:20 AM
Mulching or Multiclip Mowers fj United Kingdom 11 09-06-2003 09:10 PM