Old 20-04-2007, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Whats the best thing to keep cats out.......... ?

Whats the best thing to keep cats out of my parents garden ?.

New neighbours have moved in next door to my parents.

They have 7 cats that crap all over the garden.

We don't want to harm the cats, just keep them out of the garden.

woodglass...

How about a catapult? You wouldn't need to use "ammunition" that could
injure the cat, a little garden soil fired at them may be all that's needed
to frighten them off. You can get suitable catapults from fishing shops -
they are used to broadcast bait onto the water.

Can't help wondering if catapults were originally designed for this function
hence the name 'pelt a cat', cat a pult :-)

Norman Digger.

Old 20-04-2007, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Norman Digger" wrote in message
Whats the best thing to keep cats out of my parents garden ?.

New neighbours have moved in next door to my parents.

They have 7 cats that crap all over the garden.

We don't want to harm the cats, just keep them out of the garden.

woodglass...

How about a catapult? You wouldn't need to use "ammunition" that could
injure the cat, a little garden soil fired at them may be all that's
needed to frighten them off. You can get suitable catapults from fishing
shops - they are used to broadcast bait onto the water.

Can't help wondering if catapults were originally designed for this
function hence the name 'pelt a cat', cat a pult :-)

Apparently it's derived from two Greek words kata and peltes.

Kata means against and peltes means hurler.

Stephen

Old 20-04-2007, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stephen Stewart" wrote in message
Can't help wondering if catapults were originally designed for this
function hence the name 'pelt a cat', cat a pult :-)

Apparently it's derived from two Greek words kata and peltes.

Seems your spilchucker failed to correct Greek to Geek.

Mike

Old 21-04-2007, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message

"Stephen Stewart" wrote in message
Can't help wondering if catapults were originally designed for this
function hence the name 'pelt a cat', cat a pult :-)

Apparently it's derived from two Greek words kata and peltes.

Seems your spilchucker failed to correct Greek to Geek.

Mike

Yes but my catapult remark wasn't aimed at the hard of thinking. :-)

Stephen

Old 22-04-2007, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stephen Stewart" wrote in message

Apparently it's derived from two Greek words kata and peltes.

Kata means against and peltes means hurler.

I think the OP would prefer "pelt" as in the skin off a cat. :-)

Old 22-04-2007, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"CWatters" wrote in message

"Stephen Stewart" wrote in message

Apparently it's derived from two Greek words kata and peltes.

Kata means against and peltes means hurler.

I think the OP would prefer "pelt" as in the skin off a cat. :-)

Ahhhh so it's true then, there is more than one way to skin a cat! :-)

Stephen