Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-04-2007, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bindweed nightmare

Hope you guys can give me some advice. Recently moved into a house with a
decent sized back garden but there's a huge hedge mostly composed of what
I've discovered is bindweed wrapped around a hawthorn bush. This beast
measures about six feet high by about twelve feet wide and encroaches about
four feet onto the lawn. And I want to blast this thing to kingdom come by
whatever means is necessary...

I know zero about gardening other than mowing the lawns...but I've read that
bindweed is difficult to get rid of permanently and that something like
Roundup containing glyphosate (sp?) is the way to go. Of course, I could
just attack the whole thing with a hedge trimmer but there'd be A LOT of
plastic bin liners creating more of a problem to get rid of than the b****y
bindweed... I don't care about the hawthorn either. The whole lot must
go!!

Any practical and helpful advice much appreciated.

Millipedes nightmare GrlIntrpted Orchids 6 06-12-2003 03:32 PM
privacy nightmare! walms Gardening 45 19-09-2003 02:50 AM
leylandii nightmare Richard United Kingdom 22 15-07-2003 07:54 PM
Weekend nightmare Kelly Upton Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 28-04-2003 06:44 PM
nightmare John Rutz Ponds 18 10-04-2003 04:20 PM