Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-05-2007, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hello from a keen newbie in Oxford

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for a good UK gardening discussion board for a
while now and seems I've found one! Originally from Canada, I now
live in Oxford and am a complete gardening beginner. Not having the
confidence to try a full allotment, I have a few patches of space in
my back garden plus a patio to try pots on. I'm trying to dabble in
growing a few 'easy' veg, herbs and some colourful flowers. All
advice appreciated!!! Today I'm going to read through your posts and
FAQs and see what I can learn before asking questions.

In the last 2 night something ate all my lettuce I can't imagine
how slugs could do that much damage so must be something bigger.
Hmpf.

Oh, and I already have a seed potato in a pot so maybe I can
compete?!

Kimmer-in-Oxford