Old 18-05-2007, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fence panels

Yesterday my daughter went to a B/Q somewhere in Gloucestershire, she wanted
to purchase fence panels but found that there were none to be found in this
particular store. She made enquiries and was told that there was or will be
a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country they
were being stolen and in others they were being sold for highly inflated
prices. The reason given was that China was buying up all the timber from
Eastern Europe. Anyone else heard about this.

kate

Old 18-05-2007, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 18 May 2007 10:18:32 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

Yesterday my daughter went to a B/Q somewhere in Gloucestershire, she wanted
to purchase fence panels but found that there were none to be found in this
particular store. She made enquiries and was told that there was or will be
a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country they
were being stolen and in others they were being sold for highly inflated
prices. The reason given was that China was buying up all the timber from
Eastern Europe. Anyone else heard about this.

Yes, the winter storms + dubai + china = no supply.

Trade assoc is asking individuals not to buy for six weeks to help
contractors not go out of business.
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old 18-05-2007, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country they
were being stolen

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

David.

Old 18-05-2007, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country they
were being stolen

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

David.

The Chinese one called Rai Ling?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 18-05-2007, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 18/5/07 11:57, in article ,

a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country

they
were being stolen

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

David.

The Chinese one called Rai Ling?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)
Devon County Show 17-19 May
http://www.devoncountyshow.co.uk/

No it'll be Wai Nee Lap...

Old 18-05-2007, 12:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 18/5/07 11:57, in article ,

a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country
they
were being stolen

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

David.

The Chinese one called Rai Ling?

Sacha

Maybe his cousin Chen Leenk?

David

Old 18-05-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 18 May, 12:26, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

. uk...

On 18/5/07 11:57, in article ,

a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country
they
were being stolen

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

David.

The Chinese one called Rai Ling?

Sacha

Maybe his cousin Chen Leenk?

David

With the rock bottom prices for wool, now is the time to knit your own
fencing panels.
Could also be a use for all those crochet squares that were so popular
a few years ago.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 18-05-2007, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 18 May 2007 13:26:44 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

Maybe his cousin Chen Leenk?

the council just replaced 100 yards of fence at the end of my road,
the tatty but usable old panels are laying on the grass in a
heap.......
Old 18-05-2007, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

the council just replaced 100 yards of fence at the end of my road,
the tatty but usable old panels are laying on the grass in a
heap.......

Now probably classed as "waste" and only allowed to go to a licensed
disposal point for which the council will have to pay to dump them. A
neighbour of mine asked the council if he could have the old (mostly broken)
paving slabs they were lifting from the pavement in front of his house.
Answer. Only if you can show us a license for their disposal.
So no crazy paving for our John, or anyone else for that matter.

Mike

Old 18-05-2007, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 18, 12:40 pm, Dave Hill wrote:
On 18 May, 12:26, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

.uk...

On 18/5/07 11:57, in article ,

a huge shortage of fence panels, indeed in some parts of the country
they
were being stolen

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

David.

The Chinese one called Rai Ling?

Sacha

Maybe his cousin Chen Leenk?

David

With the rock bottom prices for wool, now is the time to knit your own
fencing panels.
Could also be a use for all those crochet squares that were so popular
a few years ago.

Hmmm. I have visions of futures prices for starch going through the
roof.

Cat(h)

Old 18-05-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 18 May 2007 12:57:04 +0200, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

that would be committing an o'fence

I'll get my pruners....
Old 18-05-2007, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

that would be committing an o'fence

I'll get my pruners....
--
Mike Reid

And today's worst pun is by? We'll let the 'panel' decide.

David.

Old 18-05-2007, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/5/07 14:35, in article ,
"David (Normandy)" wrote:

I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

that would be committing an o'fence

I'll get my pruners....
--
Mike Reid

And today's worst pun is by? We'll let the 'panel' decide.

David.

As long as they don't sit on the fence......

Old 18-05-2007, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
s.com...
With the rock bottom prices for wool, now is the time to knit your own
fencing panels.

Line of posts
Three dimond section horizontals nailed to the side of the posts (Dimond so
water runs off)
Kick boards along the bottom
Nail shiplap vertically to the horizontals
Trim top of boards to height

Old 20-05-2007, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David (Normandy) wrote:
I wonder if the thieves sell the panels on via a "fence"?

that would be committing an o'fence

I'll get my pruners....
--
Mike Reid

And today's worst pun is by? We'll let the 'panel' decide.

David.

Was that even worth "posting"