Old 26-05-2007, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
D D is offline

Default Starting a Kawasaki Brush Cutter

How do you start a Kawasaki Brush Cutter? We have hired one and we
cannot start it!

Old 26-05-2007, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26 May 2007 06:00:02 -0700, D wrote:

How do you start a Kawasaki Brush Cutter? We have hired one and we
cannot start it!

Assuming you have all the right ingredients (fuel, compression, spark
etc) then on mine (non Kawa) you have to hold something down on the
handle, as you pull the starter?

All the best ..

T i m
Old 26-05-2007, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26 May 2007 06:00:02 -0700, D wrote:

How do you start a Kawasaki Brush Cutter? We have hired one and we
cannot start it!

Did it not come with instructions? Didn't the hire shop ask if you where
OK with using/handling it?

It's almost certainly a 2 stroke and these can be right beggers to start.
Fistly has it got the right ratio fuel and 2 stroke oil mix in the tank.

There probably will be a choke lever somewhere, set it to full choke.
(Symbol showing a plate across a pipe rather than along the length).
Probably a priming dome made of rubber or translucent "rubber", press this
the indicated number of times, by Ryobi takes 7 presses. Find the engine
run/stop switch set it to run. Find the throttle hold it fully open. Take
up the slack in the cord then pull smartly. If it doesn't start or try to
fire repeat half a dozen times before repriming. If it tries to fire or
coughs, splutters and dies reduce the choke to 50% (if it has that
position) and repeat pulling. Once it's running you'll probably have to
juggle the throttle to keep it running and full choke will make it run
very rough and probably not idle. Once it's run for 10s to 20s or so it'll
be warm enough not to require choke so that can be turned off and the
engine restarted.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 26-05-2007, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

g'day d,

that is a question you should ahve posed at the hire shop before you
left, they should realy have shown you that it started and how to
start it.

anyhow most of them have a primer bulb on the bottom of the carby, you
place the tip of your finder over that and prime it until the bulb
feels firm.

then near the filter there will be a choke lever move that to full
choke

make sure the off/on switch is turned 'on'

there also should be a button or something to hold the throttle open
so pull the throttle trigger and set the button.

now pull the starter to attempt a start it should either start by the
second pull or give a misfire, either way at this time the choke needs
to be opened or it will flood.

after takjing the choke off the enxt pull on the cord should start it.

once it starts give the throttle lever a quick flick upward to release
the button that was holding it in fast rev position.

rmemeber a well srviced machine or most machines won't ned anymore
than to attmpted starts with the choke 'ON'

On 26 May 2007 06:00:02 -0700, D wrote:

How do you start a Kawasaki Brush Cutter? We have hired one and we
cannot start it!

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--