Old 27-06-2007, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default So much rain!

Alan Holmes writes

So called 'global warming' is a con to extract more money from us in
unnecessary taxation.

So to what do you ascribe the changes in weather that you have seen over
your lifetime?
--
Kay
Old 28-06-2007, 02:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Broadback wrote:

But global warming was bringing mild wet Winters and hot dry Summers. So
another thing the experts have got wrong, like the cause, unless the
Martians are generating lots of carbon dioxide as well, because Mars is
warming up also...

There is apparently evidence that the sun is putting out more energy,
which might help to account for Mars, but that's all the more reason to
try to stabilise --and even better, reduce-- the concentrations of
greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. One doesn't generally want to wear a
heavy overcoat on a hot summer day.
Old 28-06-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Broadback writes
David (Normandy) wrote:

Quite likely, but I suspect no serious steps will be taken by any
governments until the trend is too late to reverse. Be interesting to
know where the next "stable point" regarding the weather will be and
whether it is beyond the extremes of human survival.

No steps will be taken until enough people feel it is enough of a problem
to be worth bearing the inevitable pain of trying to do something about
it. I was hoping that the last week's events would help shift towards that
and away from the attitude 'global warning? Britain like the south of
France? Bring it on!'

But global warming was bringing mild wet Winters and hot dry Summers.

It was also bringing many more extreme events, which is precisely what we
are seeing.

So another thing the experts have got wrong, like the cause, unless the
Martians are generating lots of carbon dioxide as well, because Mars is
warming up also. Still yet another excuse to get more taxes from us, so
that politicians and civil servants can be sure of their inflation proof
pensions.

Well, I suppose I can still hope.

What, for an inflation proof pension!(:-)

Old 28-06-2007, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Alan Holmes writes

So called 'global warming' is a con to extract more money from us in
unnecessary taxation.

So to what do you ascribe the changes in weather that you have seen over
your lifetime?

A natural change which has been going on for thousands of years, nothing to
do with me owning a motor car and driving it around.

If there really was a danger from the use of vehicles burning fuel, surely
the first step to slow down the problem would be to cut the hundreds of
thousands of aircraft flights each year, every minute of the day 300 people
fly over my house from 6.00am to 11.30pm, using enough fuel to power about a
million cars for 20 years. But this is not apparently a problem, it is me
leaving my tv on standby!

Old 29-06-2007, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"K" wrote in message
Alan Holmes writes

So called 'global warming' is a con to extract more money from us in
unnecessary taxation.

So to what do you ascribe the changes in weather that you have seen over
your lifetime?

A natural change which has been going on for thousands of years, nothing
to do with me owning a motor car and driving it around.

If there really was a danger from the use of vehicles burning fuel, surely
the first step to slow down the problem would be to cut the hundreds of
thousands of aircraft flights each year, every minute of the day 300
people fly over my house from 6.00am to 11.30pm, using enough fuel to
power about a million cars for 20 years. But this is not apparently a
problem, it is me leaving my tv on standby!

You will probbaly have seen the recent news that global warming has been
discovered on Mars too ?

Too many people it seems associate global warming with man-made global
warming and treat them as if they are the same thing.

....and politicians will not tell the truth - that there is nothing
whatsoever we can do to stop it.