Old 29-06-2007, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Stonehenge - thanks Sue

Mad Cow wrote:

........He was interested in the way worms bury stones and ancient remains by
burrowing under them and casting the soil onto the surface beside them.
He found that a fallen stone at Stonehenge had sunk ten inches, and
another 9 1/2 inches (measured before mass tourism wore the ground away)
so worms won't have added much to the depth of the standing stones'
bases.
Hops need a deep moist soil, so your garden is likely to have more worms
burying things faster, but it seems an inch in five years is good going.
Do you know how old your rockery is?

--
Sue ]