Old 08-07-2007, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant / Weed ID Please

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Jul, 14:11, "JennyC" wrote:
Might take you a while, but you could trawl though this
:http://theseedsite.co.uk/db17.html

I given it above yesterday!! But my link is data 16 not 17 like
yours ;o)

I trawled through EVERY page but didn't find a match :-(

David.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Jul, 14:11, "JennyC" wrote:
Might take you a while, but you could trawl though this
:http://theseedsite.co.uk/db17.html

I given it above yesterday!! But my link is data 16 not 17 like
yours ;o)

HA - great minds...................:~)
Jenny

Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Jul, 14:11, "JennyC" wrote:
Might take you a while, but you could trawl though this
:http://theseedsite.co.uk/db17.html

I given it above yesterday!! But my link is data 16 not 17 like
yours ;o)

I trawled through EVERY page but didn't find a match :-(
David.

Looks like you might have to wait and see how they develop!
Jenny

Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8 Jul, 17:22, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:
I trawled through EVERY page but didn't find a match :-(

But it's a nice site to bookmark, isn't it. ... .. Some people ... ;o)

Old 08-07-2007, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8 Jul, 17:59, "JennyC" wrote:
HA - great minds...................:~)

Absolutely agree with this. Thunder here. I've got my lil' dog, well
she's the baby, under my legs atm. The rain is pooring down in
buckets. For crying OUT LOUD!!!! I'm so fed up with it now. Please
Jenny, make it stop ..... (

We've bought this lovely parasol at Ilva for the garden table. We've
never put it up!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Jul, 14:11, "JennyC" wrote:
Might take you a while, but you could trawl though this
http://theseedsite.co.uk/db17.html

I given it above yesterday!! But my link is data 16 not 17 like
yours ;o)

I trawled through EVERY page but didn't find a match :-(

I still think it's a tree, it looks like a tree by the way the second pairs
of leaves are growing. It's not one I know though, so I'm guessing
indigenous to Normandy and not to here. Can't be many that fit that
description?

Old 09-07-2007, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Uncle Marvo
writes
I still think it's a tree, it looks like a tree by the way the second pairs
of leaves are growing. It's not one I know though, so I'm guessing
indigenous to Normandy and not to here. Can't be many that fit that
description?

Well the second pair of leaves still look suspiciously like the tagetes
or even tomato once grown on a bit from the pictures on the website.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 10-07-2007, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

The message from "Uncle Marvo"
contains these words:
this in , I, Marvo, say :

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Jul, 14:11, "JennyC" wrote:
Might take you a while, but you could trawl though this
http://theseedsite.co.uk/db17.html

I given it above yesterday!! But my link is data 16 not 17 like
yours ;o)

I trawled through EVERY page but didn't find a match :-(

I still think it's a tree, it looks like a tree by the way the
second pairs of leaves are growing. It's not one I know though, so
I'm guessing indigenous to Normandy and not to here. Can't be many
that fit that description?

I think it's an ash seedling...

I thought that, guessing from whence David hails. But then I went outside to
look at what I *know* is an ash seedling. And it isn't. Unless there is a
Normandy Ash which is different?

Old 10-07-2007, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 23:18:52 +0100, Anne Jackson
wrote:

I think it's an ash seedling...

No way is it an ash seedling. I pull up enough of those on my
allotment to know them well!
The stems look red and fleshy, which rules out tomato.

Pam in Bristol
Old 10-07-2007, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Uncle Marvo writes
, I, Marvo, say :

The message from "Uncle Marvo"
contains these words:
this in , I, Marvo, say :

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 8 Jul, 14:11, "JennyC" wrote:
Might take you a while, but you could trawl though this
http://theseedsite.co.uk/db17.html

I given it above yesterday!! But my link is data 16 not 17 like
yours ;o)

I trawled through EVERY page but didn't find a match :-(

I still think it's a tree, it looks like a tree by the way the
second pairs of leaves are growing. It's not one I know though, so
I'm guessing indigenous to Normandy and not to here. Can't be many
that fit that description?

I think it's an ash seedling...

I thought that, guessing from whence David hails. But then I went outside to
look at what I *know* is an ash seedling. And it isn't. Unless there is a
Normandy Ash which is different?

Definitely not Ash as in Fraxinus excelsior. I've got many of these in
the garden, and they're nothing like that.

--
Kay

Old 10-07-2007, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I think it's an ash seedling...

No way is it an ash seedling. I pull up enough of those on my
allotment to know them well!
The stems look red and fleshy, which rules out tomato.

Pam in Bristol

They don't smell like tomato either - I squashed a leaf.
They are also blight resistant, happily growing in seed trays next to dying
tomato plants (since pulled up).

David.

Old 10-07-2007, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I think it's an ash seedling...

No way is it an ash seedling. I pull up enough of those on my
allotment to know them well!
The stems look red and fleshy, which rules out tomato.

Pam in Bristol

They don't smell like tomato either - I squashed a leaf.
They are also blight resistant, happily growing in seed trays next to dying
tomato plants (since pulled up).

David.

Problem solved David, I have identified them - they are weeds but as
someone once said, weeds are just unwanted plants!

Judith

Old 11-07-2007, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

ups.com...

wrote:

I think it's an ash seedling...

No way is it an ash seedling. I pull up enough of those on my
allotment to know them well!
The stems look red and fleshy, which rules out tomato.

Pam in Bristol

They don't smell like tomato either - I squashed a leaf.
They are also blight resistant, happily growing in seed trays next to
dying
tomato plants (since pulled up).

David.

Problem solved David, I have identified them - they are weeds but as
someone once said, weeds are just unwanted plants!

Judith

Yes, but, I've since transplanted them to their own pot - that means they
aren't weeds any more :-)

David.