Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bad news............of sorts..................

well, I must fess up, I've been horrible and irresponsible recently.
I've done something for the first time in 38 years of being a bill
paying adult.....I ran up my Bellsouth landline something HORRENDOUS.
MAGNATUDAL.......to the degree that I KNEW they'd cut it off as I am NOT
working and in the midst of divorce and upheavals. Today the "NEW
IMPROVED ATT/BELLSOUTH sent the novella with the list of calls across
the pond to my friend who's been consoling me, and behind it was the
letter informing me that since my ISDN line was in my name as well and
the landline was shut off, they would be shutting off my ISDN computer
line as well on the 9th.......despite that I just paid that...well who
could blame them? But I'd have to have a JOB and serious money to pay
them the installments to appease them, and short of hitting a scratch
card for a few thousand, I'm screwed. So I thought I'd say good-bye for
now (well, I'll linger as long as I'm connected and contribute and chat)
and look into seeing if the local library that is only open two days a
week HAS a computer I can log into and check on the newsgroup and my
e-mails. I DO have a yahoo as
well as my good until the end of July whether
or not I have internet at my HOUSE Or not.......sigh.........I'll learn.
Made me bed hard and must lie in it. Being cut off from the world
won't be that good for someone the likes of me, though. You all will
hear my shrieks of frustration as I am unable to read my daily online
comics to lighten my heart and soul up, or write about the faeries
flittering about in the Holler.....today a dragonfly lit on me and
surveyed me before darting off. The deluge yesterday was appreciated by
the parched raised beds, but my gardens are ticked off at me and the
Vinca faerie is out to **** me off........someone got a scratch ticket
with win's of $20,000 they can let me have? (no, the bill ain't THAT
high, but I need to pay bills in advance enough to figure things out
while my eyes heal so I can get two jobs. it's East Tennessee here
folks, minimum wages are the best one can sometimes do here, it's still
a man's world.......ho hum) no worries, just wish now I had level
ground and more sun for a garden to feed me while the heat is on. My
Aunt Ruby's Green were late planted, and the Sungold cherry tomato's
won't get cranked soon enough. I love those..I planted Rubra leaf
lettice in buckets and it was tender and succulent and the spinach I'll
sow in buckets on the deck at the end of July for a fall crop. same
with the lettice. I have fall radishes too.....if you ain't got level
ground, buckets on the deck work alright, just nothing like tomato's in
the soil

I'll be back eventually. I've never been in this position before, but
it'll all work out.

madgardener up on the ridge, back in a hazy and humid Faerie Holler,
overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone
36 (I have lots of little figs too!!)

bad news of sorts.....for now...... madgardener Gardening 11 12-07-2007 05:12 PM
good news of sorts, short and sweet madgardener Gardening 5 11-09-2005 01:28 AM
Good news/bad news Mike Patterson Ponds 2 19-05-2004 08:09 PM
Good News-Bad News Bob Adkins Ponds 2 14-09-2003 06:32 PM
There is good news and bad news Essjay001 United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 02:32 AM