Old 19-08-2007, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mildew spray

On Aug 19, 9:46 am, David Rance
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 Sacha wrote:

Just a day or so ago I read that 50/50 milk and water can be sprayed on
gooseberries to counteract mildew. I'd never heard of that before but Ray
says he has a faint memory of it. Might be worth a try for those who are
plagued by it.

Would that work on vines, do you think?

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

At my last house I had a vine and I sprayed it with Vitax against
mildew, it worked very well.

Judith

Old 19-08-2007, 11:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 19, 10:26 pm, David Rance
wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 wrote:

Just a day or so ago I read that 50/50 milk and water can be sprayed on
gooseberries to counteract mildew. I'd never heard of that before but Ray
says he has a faint memory of it. Might be worth a try for those who are
plagued by it.

Would that work on vines, do you think?

At my last house I had a vine and I sprayed it with Vitax against
mildew, it worked very well.

What's the active ingredient in Vitax?

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

I can't remember David, it is 9 years since we had a vine.

Judith

Old 20-08-2007, 09:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 Martin wrote:

Just a day or so ago I read that 50/50 milk and water can be sprayed on
gooseberries to counteract mildew. I'd never heard of that
before but Ray
says he has a faint memory of it. Might be worth a try for
who are
plagued by it.

Would that work on vines, do you think?

At my last house I had a vine and I sprayed it with Vitax against
mildew, it worked very well.

What's the active ingredient in Vitax?

I can't remember David, it is 9 years since we had a vine.

http://www.cha-hort.com/members/vitax.htm

I'd already found that but didn't have the time to search through the
pages. Unless it's based on pyrethrum in which case it wouldn't be any
good.

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

when mildew isn't mildew T[_4_] Edible Gardening 1 16-08-2016 06:09 AM
mildew on roses Theresa Chao Roses 4 08-04-2003 03:56 PM
Downy mildew query CandL Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Rosemary mold/mildew? Jack Curry Edible Gardening 5 12-03-2003 03:56 PM
DOWNEY MILDEW rosy Roses 4 13-02-2003 05:25 PM