Old 05-09-2007, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Screeching

On 5 Sep, 11:14, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
There is a lot about the speed of dark herehttp://home.netcom.com/~rogermw/darksucker.html

Where do you find these things?!!! My favourite .... the 'theory which
is not the theory' ... If you were to stand in a lit room in front of
a closed, dark closet, and slowly opened the closet door, you would
see the light slowly enter the closet. But since dark is so fast, you
would not be able to see the dark leave the closet. ))

Further reading - "Does anything eat Wasps?"

That's a thread to itself that is. Tell us more about the moorhen
gizmo you're making in your lurkin.

We have to lose daylight, because if we didn't then when the Spring came,
we'd get longer and longer days every year until there was no night, which
would ruin the tourist trade in Hammerfest.

)) off to look were Hammerfest is

I'll leave the lignification to you - I know nothing about it.

In one word - ripening )

Old 05-09-2007, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ups.com...
On 5 Sep, 11:14, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:

We have to lose daylight, because if we didn't then when the Spring came,
we'd get longer and longer days every year until there was no night,
which
would ruin the tourist trade in Hammerfest.

)) off to look were Hammerfest is

Hammerfest, as any fule kno, is in the North of Norway. I have been there
for two of the same reasons as anyone else goes there, these reasons being

o to see the midnight sun;
o to say they've been to the most Northerly town in the world (even though
it isn't);
o because they live there

I recommend the first one, and if you're lucky you get to see the Northern
lights too. Not usually at the same time.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 Sep, 11:38, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Hammerfest, as any fule kno, is in the North of Norway. I have been there
for two of the same reasons as anyone else goes there, these reasons being
o to see the midnight sun;
o to say they've been to the most Northerly town in the world (even though
it isn't);
o because they live there
I recommend the first one, and if you're lucky you get to see the Northern
lights too. Not usually at the same time.

This has shed a lot of lights on the matter. Thank you.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

I recommend the first one, and if you're lucky you get to see the Northern
lights too. Not usually at the same time.

I've seen the Auroira Borealis not far out of Leeds.

Mary

Old 05-09-2007, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 Sep, 19:52, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
lights too. Not usually at the same time.
I've seen the Auroira Borealis not far out of Leeds.

You know, I've heard some people saying to have seen it from Cumbria!
Is this true?

Old 06-09-2007, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:06:23 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

in , I, Marvo, say :

No need, thanks, Helene. You've said all we need to know.

er, excuse the poor late again Uncle - is somebody saying that
Helene nee La Puce wrote "the" email?

Don't be daft.

And the reason why PeeCees come with the clocks wrong is that Bill
seems to think that there's a good chance that they all get sold here
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/a...es/na/pdt.html

This, coincidentally, is where Bill tends to spend most of his time.

There, that's another conspiracy theory uncovered!

Wrong it has nothing to do with Bill. Blame google groups.

Google groups doesn't make PeeCees come with the clocks wrong. It only makes
posts look like they come from afar.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:00:11 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:06:23 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"

in , I, Marvo, say :

No need, thanks, Helene. You've said all we need to know.

er, excuse the poor late again Uncle - is somebody saying that
Helene nee La Puce wrote "the" email?

Don't be daft.

And the reason why PeeCees come with the clocks wrong is that Bill
seems to think that there's a good chance that they all get sold
here
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/a...es/na/pdt.html

This, coincidentally, is where Bill tends to spend most of his
time.

There, that's another conspiracy theory uncovered!

Wrong it has nothing to do with Bill. Blame google groups.

Google groups doesn't make PeeCees come with the clocks wrong. It
only makes posts look like they come from afar.

None of the many PCs I have used have come with clocks wrong. Could
it be that the user is responsible?

All the ones I've bought for wurk have come with the default set at PST. I
reset them all to DublinEdinburghLondon. I've always wondered why London
comes last. It isn't even North - South.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

"L" comes after 'D' and then even after 'E' in my alphabet, where does it
come in yours?

Mike

www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily

Old 06-09-2007, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Sep, 10:59, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
I'll get the camera out this afternoon and find somewhere to post them
tomorrow morning.

It is tomorrow morning. I want to see now. I want ...

Old 06-09-2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Sep, 12:01, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Tomorrow morning Friday the 6th September 2007 UK time.

I thought you'd wrote the above yesterday....

You'll have to wait. I expect I shall bung them on flicker or that cjoint
thingy you French people use :-)

Cjoint only takes files less than 500dpi, so that you know. Better use
Flicker for a straight camera/flicker transfer. French people are
complicated ... they smell nice, but they're complicated.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/9/07 12:01, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

) who wrote this in
, I, Marvo, say :

On 6 Sep, 10:59, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
I'll get the camera out this afternoon and find somewhere to post
them tomorrow morning.

It is tomorrow morning. I want to see now. I want ...

Tomorrow morning Friday the 6th September 2007 UK time.

Apart from the fact that it's Thursday 6th September 2007.....

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk