Old 05-09-2007, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Naming flowers

I love to take flower pictures but I have no idea what most of the
flowers are that I have taken pictures of.

Any help naming my flowers would be appreciated. Maybe a guide to
naming flowers or something. Just like most people I don't have much
time or money to buy a guide.

http://www.floweryforests.com

Old 05-09-2007, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 Sep, 15:26, Forest Wanderer wrote:
I love to take flower pictures but I have no idea what most of the
flowers are that I have taken pictures of.
Any help naming my flowers would be appreciated. Maybe a guide to
naming flowers or something. Just like most people I don't have much
time or money to buy a guide.
http://www.floweryforests.com

Gorgeous flowers and fabulous pictures!

Azaleas
Echinacea purpurea
A pink Dahlia
A pink dahia again
white dahlia
peonia
red dahlia
rose
fuschia
don't know
clematis
pansy
pansy
african violet
don't know

I have an encyclopedia - it is expensive but if you take pictures of
flowers, then you ought to invest in one. Look in second hand book
shops or borrow in the library.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 07:26:59 -0700, Forest Wanderer
wrote:

I love to take flower pictures but I have no idea what most of the
flowers are that I have taken pictures of.

Any help naming my flowers would be appreciated. Maybe a guide to
naming flowers or something. Just like most people I don't have much
time or money to buy a guide.

http://www.floweryforests.com

Call me a cynical old so-and-so -
but this wouldn't just be an attempt to get people to visit
your site and click through the Google ads
......... so that you get a kickback from Google
..... would it ??

Nah ! g

Adrian
Old 05-09-2007, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

I love to take flower pictures but I have no idea what most of the
flowers are that I have taken pictures of.

Any help naming my flowers would be appreciated. Maybe a guide to
naming flowers or something. Just like most people I don't have much
time or money to buy a guide.

http://www.floweryforests.com

Call me a cynical old so-and-so -
but this wouldn't just be an attempt to get people to visit
your site and click through the Google ads
........ so that you get a kickback from Google
.... would it ??

Nah ! g

Adrian

Funny you should say that.......... ;-(
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-09-2007, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 Sep, 16:51, Adrian wrote:
Call me a cynical old so-and-so -
but this wouldn't just be an attempt to get people to visit
your site and click through the Google ads
........ so that you get a kickback from Google
.... would it ??
Nah ! g

Crap. You're kidding ...!?

Old 05-09-2007, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Thank you for your kindness. It is appreciated.

It looks like you know your stuff. I am going to continue taking more
photos and posting them. It would be great if someone could make an
online guide.

Seems like a good niche.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/9/07 04:54, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from
contains these words:

On 5 Sep, 15:26, Forest Wanderer wrote:
I love to take flower pictures but I have no idea what most of the
flowers are that I have taken pictures of.
Any help naming my flowers would be appreciated. Maybe a guide to
naming flowers or something. Just like most people I don't have much
time or money to buy a guide.
http://www.floweryforests.com

Gorgeous flowers and fabulous pictures!

Azaleas
Echinacea purpurea
A pink Dahlia
A pink dahia again
white dahlia
peonia
red dahlia
rose
fuschia
don't know

Phlox douglassii, I'd say, at a guess.

clematis
pansy
pansy
african violet
don't know

I have an encyclopedia - it is expensive but if you take pictures of
flowers, then you ought to invest in one. Look in second hand book
shops or borrow in the library.

Funny old 'forest flowers' though...

Not a bad advertising site, however...............

Old 06-09-2007, 09:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

HI Sacha

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 08:46:30 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 6/9/07 04:54, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from
contains these words:

[...]

That's what I thought.

In fact it was rather strange - using Firefox and Adblock I saw the
photos, but didn't see the ads - just the 'If you like our site please
click on the ads' bit.

Switching to Exploder though showed all of the Google Adsense, pay per
click ads in their full glory.....

Can't help with the flower ID (doen't seem to get forests like that
out here in South-West Ireland g - but there's a strong smell of
'fish' coming from somewhere......!

Adrian
Ireland
Old 06-09-2007, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Sep, 04:54, Anne Jackson wrote:
Phlox douglassii, I'd say, at a guess.

Yes, perhaps a 'Red Admiral' ...

Funny old 'forest flowers' though...

Innit.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

A quick search turned up this one from Texas A & M, as well as many
others.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/w...lery/index.htm

Paul B.www.scienceteacher.biz

Thank you very much this is good information. Yes, some if not most
are cultivated flowers but some are not. I plan to continue posting
more as I find them.

Thanks again for the great information. All of you who posted it. I am
sure this will help others also.

I plan to visit a local conservatory soon and get some pictures there
also. I am not the greatest photographer and don't plan to quit my day
job!

But it is fun and I appreciate the replies and ability to learn.

Thanks!

Old 14-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Registered User

I love the flower pictures, but I do not know that I spent most of the photos taken. My flower named any help would be appreciated. Perhaps a guide to what the flower name. Like most people, I do not have too much time and money to buy a guide.
Pond Kits