Old 09-01-2008, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT troll treatment

David in Normandy wrote:

Ditto. Since switching to the MicroPlanet Gravity
newsreader I hardy see any troll activity. I've simply set
a rule to block posts sent to more than one newsgroup.
Because most trolls can't resist cross posting it is very
effective. The second rule automatically deletes any posts
with offensive language - this too is very effective.

I have just installed Gravity and it looks OK.

How does one set up the rules for cross posters.

Can't find it.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Saxman says...
David in Normandy wrote:

Ditto. Since switching to the MicroPlanet Gravity
newsreader I hardy see any troll activity. I've simply set
a rule to block posts sent to more than one newsgroup.
Because most trolls can't resist cross posting it is very
effective. The second rule automatically deletes any posts
with offensive language - this too is very effective.

I have just installed Gravity and it looks OK.

How does one set up the rules for cross posters.

Can't find it.

Click Tools Rules.
Click Add and give the new rule a meaningful name such as
"crossposted"
Look down the list of rules and select the one marked
"Cross posted to more than x groups"
You can set the value for x yourself.
Select the actions tab and select 'Discard'.
Job done.
--
David in Normandy
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David in Normandy wrote:

Click Tools Rules.
Click Add and give the new rule a meaningful name such as
"crossposted"
Look down the list of rules and select the one marked
"Cross posted to more than x groups"
You can set the value for x yourself.
Select the actions tab and select 'Discard'.
Job done.

You explained it beautifully!

Thanks so much.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Saxman" wrote in message

You explained it beautifully!

Thanks so much.

hehe - you can use that now in the other group you frequent. it's ok I'm
not a stalker. we subscribe to the same group.

Old 11-01-2008, 02:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc
@ @ is offline

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 23:32:56 GMT, Anne Jackson
wrote:

If you had asked in ukf+d, Paul Martin might have been able to tell you.

I don't think he lurks in here.

Unfortunately, Paul Martin is a cock-sucking, censoring, ****witted ****
:-(