Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-01-2008, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default evergreen hedging suggestions please

Aries says...
On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:04:29 +0100, David in Normandy wrote:

Aries says...
[39 quoted lines suppressed]

You beat me to it! I was going to suggest a clematis. With
something to cling on to such as a bit of trellis they can
make a lovely hedge and not too much maintenance. I've seen
some really nice ones with pink Montana, though it isn't
evergreen.

This is an evergreen variety I've grown - Clematis armandii
http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/Pr...roductID=12544

I've got an armandii too. The plant label said it grew to
20 metres! So I've given it the job of covering our old
derelict barn from the North side. It has got a way to go
yet - it's only one year old now. The South side of the
barn had two Montana's (pink and white) and another two
clematis the names of which escape me at the moment.
For extra coverage there is also a Russian vine, wisteria
passion flower, and honey suckle. Between them all they
should eventually cover the barn.
--
David in Normandy