Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-04-2003, 01:33 PM
hedgehog

Default Pebble fountain into pond

I have a 1M square by around 0.5M deep pebble fountain which I am
considering turning into a small pond. The fountain comes from a 1M high
sculpture (standing in the middle on a bucket) which dumps a fair amount of
water back into the reservoir. I would like to keep it because it makes a
great sound. I would like to get rid of the pebbles because of algae & so I
never to have to move them all again to get at the pump, plus I want to
encourage the local urban wildlife.

Does anyone have any tips ? In particular: I assume I would have to
construct a ledge for planting & add some growing medium - how to stop this
blocking the pump (currently sitting on the bottom); any plants that would
thrive in fairly choppy waters.

Many thanks, I can supply pictures if it helps.

Tim