Old 21-04-2003, 08:08 PM
auntie_biotic

Default First time newbie

Now for my first question. I have three lots of seedlings wallflowers,
nicotiana and mimulus. They are all grown from seed and are 3-4 weeks old.
They range in size from 1/2" to 2". Here is the problem, a friend of mine
whilst bringing them in and out of the house has managed to mix up the
groups and I cant tell which is which. The smallest mimulus will only grow
to about 8" whilst the nicotiana can grow up to three foot. Hence my
problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--
auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk

Old 21-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Kay Easton

In article , auntie_biotic
writes
Now for my first question. I have three lots of seedlings wallflowers,
nicotiana and mimulus. They are all grown from seed and are 3-4 weeks old.
They range in size from 1/2" to 2". Here is the problem, a friend of mine
whilst bringing them in and out of the house has managed to mix up the
groups and I cant tell which is which. The smallest mimulus will only grow
to about 8" whilst the nicotiana can grow up to three foot. Hence my
problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Once you've got true leaves:

Nicotiana - slightly hairy
Mimulus, slightly more yellowy green, rather thin and flimsy, like
lettuce
Wallflowers - smooth green, darker than mimulus, and longer, with
pointed tip
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:
Old 21-04-2003, 09:32 PM
auntie_biotic

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, you clever little thing!
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , auntie_biotic
writes

Old 22-04-2003, 02:08 AM
Emrys Davies

'auntie_bionic',

These are very young wallflower seedlings:

http://www.gardenopus.com/images/See.../Erisymum2.JPG

These are wallflower seedlings four weeks old:

http://www.gardenopus.com/images/See...03/ErysTP1.JPG

These are nicotiana seedlings, but the photo. is not very clear:

http://www.biosci.missouri.edu/holts...Matt/Matt.html

I don't think that this mature stem of mimulus will help you but, of
course, if you identify the other two this one speaks for itself.

http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/38/mimulus.htm

Good luck,

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 22-04-2003, 04:08 PM
auntie_biotic

Thanks again to everyone for taking time and effort to answer my question

auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk